Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

On-Demand not working for premium subscriptions

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

On-Demand not working for premium subscriptions

Message 1 of 5
(10,181 Views)

I recently upgraded my box from an HD box to the Home Media DVR.  I also have a subspcription to some premium channels (HBO & Cinemax).

I am able to access HBO/Cinemax on the regular channels, but when attempting to order a movie via VOD, I get an error message stating that I am not currently subscribed.  Prior to my box upgrade, I was able to access the HBO/Cinemax VOD content.

I called VZ last night, and they were working on it, but only told me that the box I have has not been activated.  I found this puzzling since I am able to watch regluar shows on it.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

If I wasn't getting the premium subscription free for 3 months (expires in January), I would lodge a formal complaint.  But this is rather disappointing to see such inconsistencies with their equipment.

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: On-Demand not working for premium subscriptions

Message 5 of 5
(9,981 Views)

update to this:

I finally got this resolved after a few calls to tech support.  They realized that they did not disable the box I turned in, thus they could not fully enable my new box.

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 2 of 5
(10,171 Views)

I had this problem about a year ago. Seems that when they added HBO to the mix, they forgot to click the "hbo on demand" option. So I got the channel but not the on demand. It took them about 2 days to fix it. The guy I spoke to said they had to do an "internal order" to add the on demand package to my acct and that got it working. Wasn't too much of a hassle just a little inconvenient.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 5
(10,134 Views)

@spacedebris wrote:

I had this problem about a year ago. Seems that when they added HBO to the mix, they forgot to click the "hbo on demand" option. So I got the channel but not the on demand. It took them about 2 days to fix it. The guy I spoke to said they had to do an "internal order" to add the on demand package to my acct and that got it working. Wasn't too much of a hassle just a little inconvenient.

I had a similar problem.  I went online via the chat in My Verizon and they fixed it immediately.  It was a provisioning error.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(9,996 Views)

Under a year ago I signed up for the Verizon bundle pack phone/TV/FIOS.  I have had nothing but trouble with on-demand service.  What is really annoying is that I can buy a movie shortly afterwards the movie freezes.  In 98% of the cases I cannot regain access and I am billed $4.99.  Each time I contact tech service the stock answer is to reset the router and set top box.  If I had a dime for each time I did this I could retire.  Anyone else have this issue?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(9,982 Views)

update to this:

I finally got this resolved after a few calls to tech support.  They realized that they did not disable the box I turned in, thus they could not fully enable my new box.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.