On Demand play gets cutoff and next episode starts prematurely
GrahamZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to watch Game of Thrones on HBO On Demand (which is a channel I pay for). And I enjoy the extra feature at the end of each episode. But it keeps getting cutoff when I play the episode because the next episode wants to start early. Is there any way to prevent this from happening, or is this a bug in your software? It's VERY annoying.

Re: On Demand play gets cutoff and next episode starts prematurely
Curli
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto!

Brooklynrab
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone have an answer to this one? There is a setting in Netflix to stop this same problem, but can’t find it in fios.

Punanimama

I have this issue for Fresh Off the Boat episodes.  It’s a real drag because there is always a bit at the end that gets cut off.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

The same thing just happened to me watching City on  a Hill. I'll try to contact support for an answer.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

I was told that hitting the exit button on the remote, when the next episode starts to overlay the existing one will stop the new episode from starting. I personally don't agree with this behavior and hope the powers that be allow the previous show to finish before beginning the next.

vmmva
Enthusiast - Level 1

So here we are in Feb of 2020 and the problem still exists...

Wife trying to catch up on Criminal Minds episodes and they keep jumping to the next episode shortly before the current one has ended.  The work-around Verizon reportedly suggested to someone - Hit Exit when it starts to overlay a new episode - doesn't help if you don't happen to be looking at the screen when the issue occurs.  We can't fast-forward and there's no other way to avoid replaying the whole episode to get to where it stopped last time.  I don't know if they ever "fixed" the issue and it came back, in which case they need to do something called Regression Testing before they release new software versions, or if it never really got addressed.

Ti9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep up with a number of shows via on demand.  Never had this issue until this past week - have not seen the end of 4 shows I've watched - very annoying, especially for the monthly cost of the service.

Dwiech
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been reporting this same issue to Verizon regularly and was first told it would be fixed in 48 hours. Second report a week later, no fix and same answer. Third report, was told I would hear back within 24 hours via phone and still nothing. Their techs make promises with no thought of researching an issue or any follow through. obviously a bug in their software. Never happened until I “upgraded” to FIOS One. Tired of paying over $200 / month for this type of service. 

Cynamin228
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read all the posts and see that this is still an issue. I’ll check back again to see if there’s a fix for this.