05-01-2012 09:38 AM
This has been a major headache, and I noticed it increases in frequesncy with the additional wireless devices we have. 2 ipads, 2 iphones, xbox, samsung smart TV's, a few laptops, etc. It could just be in my head but it seems that with the addition of each device this happens more and more often. I also lose internet connectivity when this happens. I pay alot for the upgraded packages for both television and internet. Could the wireless router be the issue?
I also live in a condo building and perhaps the bandwidth is lacking to support everyone?
09-14-2012 12:41 AM
I too am experiencing the same issues when vieweing from my pc. I was watching a show and paused it. Upon returning it did not allow me to play from the point which i paused the show and was forced to start from the beginning. During the playback my silverlight plugin crashed forcing me to return to the show from my library. Immediately i returned to my library and it again forced me to watch from the beginning. This is not only annoying but is unacceptable and such lack of capabilities renders such a feature unusable.
09-15-2012 04:51 PM
Just tried stop on demand movie and return to it immediately. It still went back to the beginning. So it is bigger than a five minute pause problem.
09-24-2012 06:02 PM
I am having the same issue. But what is annoying is that now a lot of the shows do not have the fast fowrard function anymore. Any chance someone can let me know why this is happening?
11-10-2012 01:11 PM
This is a constant issue. No resume play & the glitches in play mode are irritating. I have been watching some similar threads. Does verizon actually staff these groups as the couple I have seen just go nowhere without any resolution.
12-21-2012 06:49 PM
Apparently Verizon views this as an undocumented feature that they choose to ignore. I am wondering if Cox or Comcast have the same problems. Will certainly do some shopping and quite likely dump FIOS.
12-23-2012 05:02 PM
I am SO incredibly frustrated with this problem which has been going on for quite some time now. Very sporadic - sometimes the system resumes, sometimes ony restarts. And then today - it totally disappeared form "my Library" as a show that I was watching. And - as previously stated - when you can't fast forward to the last 5 minutes of a show it's a KILLER! ANyone get results from Tech support? I have not.
03-14-2013 05:14 AM
Me too. If you search around you will see that this problem continues. A previous user complained about this in 2011, said user then said--in 2011--it is working. Verizon marked it as "Problem solved"" EVEN FOR FUTURE COMPLAINTS!! It is ridiculous. I will seriously look into changing services when my current contract is up!
03-20-2013 07:55 PM
Yes, this is ALWAYS a problem - FIOS is one of those large companies that get 80% of the service, but fail significantly on the remaining 20%. Thus, they get a C+ grade and just miss out on being qualified. VoD is not really worth much if the DEMAND portion belongs more to the FIOS server than the viewer! You MUST always watch the entire stream (2+ hours) at one sitting since you are not permitted to "demand" a resume, FF or rewind...
Sigh, tiz time to dump em.... alas!