Re: On Demand problem- can't "resume play" will only restart
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually resume works some of the time.  And they are aware of the problem and have been trying to fix it.  It has improved slightly in the last two releases, but still is a work in progress.

0 Likes
bendanjesse
Enthusiast - Level 2

HI - agreed that the problem seems to be intermittant.  Happens sometimes (more often than not) - and then sometimes not.  I have found that when still in the "timeout" mode (where just hitting "OK" SHOULD resume)....it works better to continue to back out of the menu, go to "my library", then "my rentals" and resume from there - it's more likely that the program will actually resume from where you left off.  But then again - still a crapshoot.  It's really annoying - and I am not sure why so long for a fix.

0 Likes
dannyb57

This issue has not been fixed.

It happens all the time. 

Previous user was lucky that it happened to work once

and then Verizon marked the issue fixed but did nothing

to correct it.

Verizon please address your subscribers issues!

0 Likes
werty1

On here trying to investigate same problem.  It is a MAJOR issue and we will dump fios if it is not resolved.  

0 Likes
tmlc18

I have been have this problem on and off for the past five years and they cannot seem to resolve the issue. They keep telling me to reboot my STB even though I have just rebooted the box last night. Ugh. How annoying. On top of that their VOD programming does not get continually updated. My Dad has Time Warner and the programming is available the next day and the VOD always continues where you left off. I am certainly thinking after my subscription ends to go back to Time Warner as this is becoming a real deal breaker, especially when the programs don't allow you to fast forward anymore.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just got Fios last week. Was ok for 3 days and now I am experiencing the same problem. I wll contact FIOS for a fix but based on the list of messages, I am guesssing there isn't one. Likely to go back to Comcast while Im still in my 14 day grace period.

0 Likes
bbm1

This has been going on for years and is still a problem.  I had to watch Scorpio three time from the beginning before I could get all the way through it.

0 Likes
poppyrocks
Since I upgraded my DVR this problem has been constant and unfixable. Very annoying that the upgraded box works less well than the old box. Verizon needs to fix this problem as I am thinking of returning to Comcast over it.
0 Likes
bendanjesse
Enthusiast - Level 2
...and now with the latest upgrade from fios, the system defaults to "start over" when you pick up where you left off. So incredibly frustrating. I have friends who just took up fios from comcast and hate the On Demand system - to the point where they are considering going back. Comcast has the shows on by the next day. Fios is all over the place and very disorganized. This had been going on for years and I wish verizon would address it and weigh in on this entire conversation string.
pumanys
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree. This is a real show stopper. I started renting movies from other sources. It has also made me consider switching services. I don't why this hasn't been made a priority.
0 Likes