Re: On Demand problem- can't "resume play" will only restart
Rie2
Enthusiast - Level 2

well it is currently 1/22/2015 and guess what PROBLEM IS STILL NOT FIXED. It happens about 50 % of the time when we watch FREE network content. The real annoyance is that Fios disables FF for these programs so if you are unlucky enough to get a phone call, the door bell rings etc at the 75 % point of a program you are stuck watching it again or just calling it quits. This isn't how the feature should run..period. Yes, it's annoying enough to have me considering a different provider. I pay  well over 200 per month for my package and have for years  and in my estimation it shouldn't be too much to ask for a problem to be fixed after 4 years...

Ron2818

I have the same problem, I have changed the DVR and it still don't work.

0 Likes
bendanjesse
Enthusiast - Level 2

So - here I am - 4 years later responding to my own comments.  And still.....SO  angry and frustrated!  I am writing while I still have the "burn".   WIth the last 5-8 critical minutes of my show - I paused, it timed out to the menu from which one typically only has to hit "OK" and resume the show - however all it did was restart.  This is just SO unacceptable.  Verizon's On Demand just plain sucks.  And it's NEVER been fixed.  I wonder how Xfinity works?

0 Likes
LostCause1

Looks like Verizon FIOS does not believe a fix is worth their time.

Fix I just learned of is to reatain Xfinity/Comcast. When COMCAST increased me $50 (after a previous $30 increase) Verizon was also watching dates and sent me an offer just over the COMCAST price. Comcast would only back down $20, so I switched.

But then I learned from a friendly comcast employee that what I should have done was to take the box into them and cancel, say 6pm one evening they were open until 7. Then wait a day and come in the next morning. My landline would be help for 60 days. If I asked when I turned the box in they would give the same one back. So for less than 36 hours lost service. I could come back on as a new customer and even get a new installation kit! I am stuck 2 years with FIOS, but then if COMCAST still has it together I may be with them for life.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes