On Demand problem- can't "resume play" will only restart
TR-Tim
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have been experiencing this problem for about a week now I guess.  When watching an on demand program (always free programs, can't say about paid programs because we haven't used any), when we need to stop viewing and go back later, when thee "resume play" option is picked, it does not resume where the program was left but starts over.  Previously the function had worked.  The only thing that can be done is to fast forward to the point where you left off (assuming this function hasn't been disabled by the program provider).

I called tech support, we went through the whole deal with rebooting the box, powering down the box and the router, etc. but there has been no change.  There is no problem with viewing or receiving any programming, picture quality is perfect, and internet works just fine too, just this one problem.  Has anyone else had this same problem?  I am in Toms River NJ, and the set top box we have is the non-dvr HD box, 6200 or some number like that.  Would appreciate any feedback, thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Demand problem- can't "resume play" will only restart
TR-Tim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, don't know what happened, but the problem is fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Fred421

I'm having the same issue....among many!  This problem seems to have started recently and the techs, both via phone and those who came to my home, have no idea as to what's causing the problem....great!  In addition to the "resume play" not working, I've been experiencing major problems with the picture "breaking up" (pixilating?) and not being able to get on VOD because of "connectivity problems" (VOD 112, VOD 118).  Repeated calls to Verizon and two visits by Verizon techs have not resolved the problems.  As much as I regret the need to do so, I'm seriously considering going back to COMCAST where I never had the frustrations I'm having with Verizon/FIOS.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Could be something caused by 1.9 testing and or changes to the system in preperation for the 1.9 roll out. Just a guess. I suspect the NJ area will see the new 1.9 img first, since it is being tested there by many users that signed up for the Sneak Peek. Just a guess and I hope to see the new 1.9 img soon, once it is ready. VOD system for current user should not be disrupted by the testing.  I know items work together front end and back end. STB and Verizon's VHO. It could be an issue that will vanish once 1.9 is released soon. So it is a possiblity. Only Verizon could answer this one.

0 Likes
Eric_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

The way our VOD works in an effort to provide fast response times we have an automatic time out.  If a title is paused for more than 5 minutes the VOD stream is ended.  This ensures all of our customers have fast access to the video on demand content.  If this is not the issue you are experiencing please follow the link below for help.

If you could please follow this link http://www22.verizon.com/onecms/verizonsupport , and fill out the form.  I would be happy to assist both of you.  

Eric_VZ

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Eric _VZ

I believe people expect VOD to remember where they left off on their viewing. Unlike locally recorded programs or Vlex view I believe you are right about the time out, I believe there is confusion on this matter.

0 Likes
misselle

I have been experiencing the same issue with On Demand not 'resuming' where I left off.  I thought it was just 'user error', but it is definitely a real issue.  VERY ANNOYING when I need to pause 40 minutes into a 45-minute program...  especially for those programs where 'fast-forward' has been disabled.  ARGH!!!

0 Likes
TR-Tim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, don't know what happened, but the problem is fixed.

0 Likes
ljalvarez1

I have also been experiencing this problem for quite awhile.  Initially I thought that I had selected start from the beginning by mistake.  I contacted customer support and after following their instructions the problem was not solved so I was sent a new HD DVR.  Since I can't transfer any recorded shows or settings to the new DVR I decided to wait and watch the recorded shows before replacing the HD DVR.  During this time period the old HD DVR seems to work properly sometimes by starting the show at the correct place or improperly restarts the show from the beginning.  I have not been able to figure out if this behavior is consistent with the way I access the show or random in nature.   I'm not sure if replacing the DVR is the correct solution, but I'll give it a shot this weekend and see if the problem goes away all the time.  I also noticed that the Caller ID feature does not seem to work all the time.

0 Likes
caquinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. Sadly for me it's still broke and all verizon has to say is that they are aware of the problem.  They have no time identified for resolution. 

It's upsetting that I pay as much as I do and this is the response I get.

0 Likes
jefrank1

On mulitple occasions I have stopped or paused an on demand program, and then gone back to it in rentals. I press RESUME but the program RESTARTS instead. This happens about one third to half the time.

This is particularly annoying because the fast forward in on demand is very slow. The skip function is also disabled. Please fix this.

0 Likes