On Demand resume play ... ???
MdViewer

Hello, I am an occasional user of my on-demand service, and it's improved greatly the last few years, except for one recurring problem. When I pause a show/movie and do not return to it quickly enough and the screen returns to the show's page, it gives you the option of resuming play or restarting. You click the button, get the "Continue play?" screen with the three options ... and suddenly none of the options work. Clicking with the remote does not work, not to choose an option or to scroll through them or even return to the previous page. There is nothing on the set-top box to allow you to make a choice, either. The screen freezes for a minute or so, then returns to the previous page. I've turned the set off and on. I've gone through the My Fios app, which doesn't even have an option to ask about that. It has a vague "on-demand problems" option, and all that does is suggest that they can reboot the router ... which does not help, and which the app never even responds to or returns to. There doesn't even appear to be a category on the Verizon site under customer support or technical issues for this problem, which is why I'm posting this year ... and I quickly saw that another viewer had this same problem. You're literally unable to pause and resume a show at will, as is constantly advertised as a attractive feature and a major selling point. I shouldn't have to explain how problematic that is. But it has happened three times, spread out over the last two years or so, including last night. It was a show from a network where on-demand is free, for now. Imagine if I had paid for that episode, or for a movie, and that happened, and I was unable to watch the rest. I have never had that problem with my DVR or with any of my streaming services. Only with FIOS on-demand. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand resume play ... ???
polkadot1

I have the very same problem. Sometimes it will restart and then hopefully you can fast forward to where you stopped. But sometimes it won't do anything. It only offers you "continue playback" but absolutely nothing happens when you press the button. You can't start at the beginning and you can't keep going. You're stuck. I went through the so-called troubleshooting and of course nothing happened. It's so frustrating. I came here to look for an answer.

0 Likes