Re: On Demand won't "resume" play, only restarts
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

o.k. I don't know whether it's "2x" or "8x" -- seems like it's a symantic splitting of hairs to argue the point b/c It is still a very slow fast forward.   I logged on today because I was watching a movie (Thelma and Louise, FWIW) on HBO and paused/stopped (the pause timed out) for just a few minutes.  When I went back to watch it, it thankfully had not gone all the way back to the beginning but inexplicably, it had jumped back about 30 minues worth.  Sometimes I don't have this problem at all and sometimes it jumps back to either the beginning or to an earlier point.  Sometimes I can't watch between one room and another without having to rewatch or FF.  Sometimes I can't pause/stop for even a few minutes in even the same room without it going back to the beginning or earlier parts of the program.  I find it frustrating that VZ has known about this issue for three years, as evidenced by this very thread, and  hasn't fixed it.  As someone else said, Comcast was a pain to deal with, but at least its on demand didn't have these problems.  I like Fios but if there would be anything that would cause me to switch back to Comcast, it would be the inferiority of the on demand product.

quickbrownfox
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm surprised to find out that a lot of people have been complaining about this issue for years and Verizon never fixed it.  This is very frustrating, and the way things are going, i bet Verizon doesn't care and will never fix it.

Times like this makes me think why I"m paying $200/month for this service when I can get all channels I want online for less. Time to cut cable.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2015/01/should_i_cut_the_cable_cord_decide_on_stream...

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on the content you like, it is not all available online.

And other may be delayed.

But as always, YMMV.

0 Likes
steve-11
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's now the first week in July still no update, still frustrating even more so. Come on Verizon how difficult can it be?

Knapper32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well its September 2017 and it's still happening. I hit resume and it restarts the whole thing. I was already in the middle of the movie and it was a provider who didnt allow fast forwarding so i had to rewatch a whole other hour to get back to where the movie was when i stopped it. Its definitely a little frustrating. And the same thing happened a few days ago while my daughter was watching matilda. It did it twice and we for sure hit resume not restart. Matilda also was on a network that didnt allow fast forwarding. 

0 Likes
LostCause1
Message 2 of 85
(21,314 Views)

Sorry for the frustration this is causing. We are rolling out an update to the software that will correct those problems. It will be coming out very soon, but no specific dates yet.

Anthony_VZ

C'mon! In 5 years is "very soon". Maybe I should just pay my Verizon bill "very soon" .

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes