On Demand won't "resume" play, only restarts
sherrgibbs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have searched the boards and found others with this same issue, however the threads always say "solved" despite there not being a resolution posted. When we watch ANY program On Demand and go back later (even just a few minutes later), hitting "resume play" does not work. It RESTARTS the entire program. While it's always easy (although SO annoying) to forward to where we left off, it becomes a problem when forwarding is disable by the program provider. In order to finish watching something in those instances, we have to sit there and let the show play until we reach the point where we have left off. And it is ANNOYING. How is this fixable and is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Tags (3)
Re: On Demand won't "resume" play, only restarts
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the frustration this is causing. We are rolling out an update to the software that will correct those problems. It will be coming out very soon, but no specific dates yet.

0 Likes
kpj2

I am having the same issue with VOD replay.  It is extremely annoying to have to sit through an entire program to get back to the place I have previously viewed.  Any information on when the software update to fix this problem will be available?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

This has worked for me to get a VOD to resume.  Instead of selecting the video directly and pressing resume, try going to MY LIBRARY under the VOD menu and then MY RENTALS.  Video should be there and every time I have done this the resume function worked.  IMPORTANT - It won't if you try it from the normal selection method before going to MY LIBRARY as this resets the position flag to the beginning.

As with all unofficial "fixes" YMMV Smiley Wink

DND1

"Instead of selecting the video directly and pressing resume, try going to MY LIBRARY under the VOD menu and then MY RENTALS. "

This actually skips forward in the show when I do it.

Would like to know if this issue is going to be resolved soon as it's a real pain to have to jump through hoops in order to resume a show.   The pause feature times out fairly quickly, so even taking a short phone call makes you have to go back to the beginning of a VOD choice and (IF it allows you to) fast-forward to where you left off.

I almost always watch prime time shows on demand, rather than live and am within my first 30 days.  I  would like to find out how long I can expect this to be an issue.  Thanks.

0 Likes
DND1

Actually going to My Library and resuming from "rentals" also starts videos from the beginning.

0 Likes
DND1

Anthony the Verizon employee wrote "Sorry for the frustration this is causing. We are rolling out an update to the software that will correct those problems. It will be coming out very soon, but no specific dates yet.  Anthony_VZ"

OK  you wrote that in March.  It's now the middle of April and "very soon" has passed.  Can you tell us when this software update is expected to roll?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@DND wrote:

Actually going to My Library and resuming from "rentals" also starts videos from the beginning.

Sorry it doesn't work for you.  As I closed my post YMMV (your mileage may vary).  Something that worked for me and that I stumbled upon accidentally.  I'm just another customer like you and have no connection to Verizon (other than being a long time FiOS subscriber).

As for the update - Verizon will not release any details.  To them a "few weeks" can be anywhere from 3 to 52 (or at least so it seems from past performance) Smiley Sad

carolanngo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anthony, I just spoke with Mike, a technical support representative, who told me the Resume Play feature only works after pausing for up to 10 minutes. After that, the servers disconnect and the show starts over from the beginning, even though the "Resume Play" option is still listed in the menu.

This makes absolutely no sense to me because this feature used to work correctly. Mike told me it never worked that way. I'm glad that you are saying that a software update is in the works, but it is now May 2. When will it be completed, and why is a tech support basically telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about?????

CraZySteve

So Anthony...

It is now May 7th - has this software been updated yet?

-CS-

0 Likes