On Demand
Russm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been  unable to get anything On Demand for a couple of months.  I always get the message "no programs available". What's going on?  STB problem?  On Demand Service discontinued?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Demand
ChipRock
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the exact same problem since the change ( "No programs available").  After reading through topics without a solution I decided to try to fix this on my own just now.

In the past I had reset the set top box without results despite doing this for years to clear up problems with On Demand, that wasn't fixing this issue.

I reset my router, power off for one minute, still getting message  "No programs available" 

Next I unplugged the set top box for five minutes. 

This time on demand worked without a problem.

In this order:

disconnect router, one minute

disconnect set top box five minutes

Worked for me.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

On Demand is definitely not discontinued. What lights are on/off on your router? Does your internet work ok?

mdonohue75

Been through 6 weeks of no on demand to visit from 2  technicians who said my equipment was old maybe need a new router but then said it was programming problem would be fixed in office. No help. Today talked to nice woman in INDIA poor clueless thing who  told me probably needed new router said since I had 2 boxes need 2 which were not free like the ones I've had for 10 yrs. so $12 per piece. Told her only 1 router goes to 2 boxes she didn't even know that.  Tried to get clear answer on what Fios wanted from me seemed like they would like a new package. She transferred me to billing to explain stuff - I waited 5 minutes and hung up. Looking into Spectrum. Sad because I really liked what I had with FIOS even though it got more and more expensive as years went on. New programming is all bling and push to have me buy more not my cup of tea. Verizon customer service is awful. Notice no longer put phone no on bill want you to talk to computer so they can't hear you scream.

0 Likes
Russm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for taking the time to respond so fully.  Sorry for your problems.  I probably will face the same issues.

0 Likes
Russm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

 here is a pic of my router.  The 3rd light from the top is blinking and so is the bottom one.  4th from the top is flickering.  No problems with internet

Russm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think the pic of the router went thru so I'll try to describe.  Power button on;

3rd from top on;

4th from top blinking;

5th from top flickering;

9th from top on;

12th from top (bottom one) blinking

No internet problems.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. 

The other person responding had the same problem but they gave up trying to get Verizon to help.

0 Likes
ChipRock
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the exact same problem since the change ( "No programs available").  After reading through topics without a solution I decided to try to fix this on my own just now.

In the past I had reset the set top box without results despite doing this for years to clear up problems with On Demand, that wasn't fixing this issue.

I reset my router, power off for one minute, still getting message  "No programs available" 

Next I unplugged the set top box for five minutes. 

This time on demand worked without a problem.

In this order:

disconnect router, one minute

disconnect set top box five minutes

Worked for me.

Russm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My on demand is ok now.  The interface is new, so I imagine the system was down while the new system was being installed.  Not sure about, but I am happy no matter what the reason.

mdonohue75

I have tried everything including your tip. Once in a while my on demand works. It is so annoying with all  the ads for shows and for rent movies  that it drives me mad. I got on it every few days  to see what crazy thing it'll do and it rarely disappoints me. Couple of days I go I managed to get AXIOS and actually managed to watch two recent shows. Yesterday I tried it again to get newest show.  This time it stalled completely. It showed that there was a recent show to watch but I could use my remote to get to it. Finally my remote moved and up popped three pictures of the recent shows I had already watched. Then screen just froze. If this wasn't bad enough when I went to get out of the on demand screen to watch regular TV the three pop up screens were at bottom of my regular viewing. I had to reboot system to get my regular screening to work. I'm still staying with Verizon because I liked what I had and looks like other internet services are just as expensive and glitchy. But every day is new experience some days screen is all pixilated some days it's wavy. I keep rebooting and then for a short while things are almost normal. It's not my equipment as Verizon tried to tell me (of as it is and I am under an old contract) because what's happening is due to horrible programming since they decided to try to ram down for rent stuff and run their annoying ads for stuff us old people don't want. They need to fire a whole programming staff as far as I can see. And I worked in systems the last 6 yrs before I got laid off. I know when a bunch of fancy "updates" become a general disaster. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes