On Demand
obieonkanobie

I just had my Verizon Fios installed at my new address, and since the installation my On Demand says it is disabled. I've been trying to call Verizon and so far I have been on old for an hour and counting.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@obieonkanobie wrote:

I just had my Verizon Fios installed at my new address, and since the installation my On Demand says it is disabled. I've been trying to call Verizon and so far I have been on old for an hour and counting.

Try going into the menu on the box and go to :Customer support>top support tools>fix fios tv issues, follow instructions. If that doesn't work go to :Customer support>top support tools>reboot STB. Still having problems, go to :system>reset settings. Still no joy, you have to get your account re-authorized by calling billing support.

0 Likes
DJNEU

I had my fios installed the same day 8/8/20 and my on demand is also disabled.  I can't seem to get through to verizon and they just bounce me around between departments with 1+ hour waits on hold between reps.  So useless.  

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@DJNEU wrote:

I had my fios installed the same day 8/8/20 and my on demand is also disabled.  I can't seem to get through to verizon and they just bounce me around between departments with 1+ hour waits on hold between reps.  So useless.  

Did you try this?

Try going into the menu on the box and go to :Customer support>top support tools>fix fios tv issues, follow instructions. If that doesn't work go to :Customer support>top support tools>reboot STB. Still having problems, go to :system>reset settings. Still no joy, you have to get your account re-authorized by calling billing support.

0 Likes
Human16

just had fios installed, have been unable to access On Demand Channel, consistently says On Demand is disabled. Tried to using chat to help me, but that was excruciating and of no help. Called and was on hold for an hour, couldn't wait so hung up. I left Optimum because of inept customer service, seems Verizon is no better. Anyone have any clue how to get ON Demand not be disabled? Thanks

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Human16 wrote:

just had fios installed, have been unable to access On Demand Channel, consistently says On Demand is disabled. Tried to using chat to help me, but that was excruciating and of no help. Called and was on hold for an hour, couldn't wait so hung up. I left Optimum because of inept customer service, seems Verizon is no better. Anyone have any clue how to get ON Demand not be disabled? Thanks

Did you TRY the procedure from the post above?

Did you try unplugging power from the Fios box, unplug power from router. After 2 minutes plug router back in, wait for the connection lights to finish, plug in Fios box, let it reload. If it still doesn't work, try menu>Customer support>top support tools>network diagnostics. Also try self diagnostics from same menu. If none of that works, try contacting support at:

@VerizonSupport via Twitter is always the fastest way to get support followed by the Fios Facebook page, Chat, Community (since we do escalate issues), followed by Verizon Direct on dslreports.com and youtube and the very last should be the 800 number.

0 Likes