On Screen Display Lag
jimbola

I have been having the On Screen Display at times lag behind the actual channel number for the last month.

I have seen this bug mentioned here and elsewhere so I know Verizon is aware of it.

What I would like to know is if there is a timeline for when this might be fixed.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: On Screen Display Lag
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Jimbola,

From what I have heard, the next patch should resolve this. Unfortunately at this time no dates have been released as to when the next patch is being pushed down to the set-top box's.

0 Likes
pmcg
This may be the same issue. When I change some (most) channels, the picture changes immediately but the words at the bottom describing what the program is about appear for about a hundredth of a second then these words (but not the picture) flip back to the prior channel. About 7 seconds later the words at the bottom flip over to the correct channel you are watching. This happens both on my regular HD box and my DVR hd box. On the internet some folks say this can be partially (but not completely) solved by turning off the NATIVE-whatever that is-if it applies to my Fios tv at all. Is this patch you mention in the previous post going to fix this problem? Or do I have to go back to cablevision to get rid of this issue.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Yes pmcg, the patch will fix it at the end of August/beginning of Sept.
0 Likes
pmcg

I last inquired as to when the problem of channel lag would be fixed back in July of this year and you replied it would be fixed in Aug or Sept. Well -here it is in November and the problem still exists ! So what is the story? When will this problem be fixed?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Texas & California got the patch on time, but the patch introduced other bugs and was stopped in order to correct the new bugs. I have not heard any new dates now.

0 Likes
pmcg

One correction to my original complaint -the screen lag only occurs on one of my TVs and not on the other one. What could be the possible explanation for this? If it were a software glitch why does it not effect both TVs? When I call Fios tech support on the phone they have no clue about what I am talking about. Thay have sent me new boxes and sent signals to the boxes to no avail.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

It only happens to some boxes and even then, not all the time. It's a random problem.

0 Likes