On Screen Guide not Visible after Upgrade to 7232 Box
DCNatFan

Just upgraded to the new 7232 box and after getting set-up I tried to set-up some DVR recording for some shows we watch and got an error message that the EPG data was unavailable.  After further review I noticed the guide was only showing data thru 1:30 for this Saturday.

It has been up and running for a few hours now and it still has not fully populated.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Screen Guide not Visible after Upgrade to 7232 Box
PJL
Master - Level 3

@DCNatFan wrote:

I have tried that a few times and still does not work.

Try this process then.  Verizon had me use it to correct a similar, but not identical, issue.  I think it reloads the guide and resets the DVR (recordings and scheduled recordings were not lost).

1. On your FiOS TV Remote, press STB then press MENU.
2. Scroll down and select settings.
3. Next, highlight system information.
4. Now press on remote 4883 then OK.

5. Then press 2601 and then OK.

The DVR may not show any confirmation that the code has processed. Reboot the DVR and a fresh set of guide data should be loaded.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@DCNatFan wrote:

Just upgraded to the new 7232 box and after getting set-up I tried to set-up some DVR recording for some shows we watch and got an error message that the EPG data was unavailable.  After further review I noticed the guide was only showing data thru 1:30 for this Saturday.

It has been up and running for a few hours now and it still has not fully populated.  Any ideas?

It sounds like the STB didn't fully activate.  Try an STB autocorrection (not just a reboot) from the STB itself.

0 Likes
DCNatFan

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@DCNatFan wrote:

Try this process then.  Verizon had me use it to correct a similar, but not identical, issue.  I think it reloads the guide and resets the DVR (recordings and scheduled recordings were not lost).

1. On your FiOS TV Remote, press STB then press MENU.
2. Scroll down and select settings.
3. Next, highlight system information.
4. Now press on remote 4883 then OK.

5. Then press 2601 and then OK.

The DVR may not show any confirmation that the code has processed. Reboot the DVR and a fresh set of guide data should be loaded.

0 Likes
DCNatFan

Worked.  Thank you very much.  Spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with Verizon and no one could fix - just wanted to send new box.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@DCNatFan wrote:

Worked.  Thank you very much.  Spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with Verizon and no one could fix - just wanted to send new box.

I guess I should ask Verizon for a paycheck this week.  Glad it worked for you.

0 Likes