On-demand PPV: No help on FIOS
MLK1959

My son recently signed up for a pay-per-view event ahead of schedule through our HD DVR converter box, inviting his friends over to watch. When the event was supposed to start, the menu said we could not get the show because we did not have enough credit. Forget about the fact that our bill had recently been paid off (on time, as always); no one ever said anything about requiring credit to get PPV. I called the FIOS telephone technical support, and it took the agent over a half-hour to fail to get the system to accept our request, even though she said that it was going through on her end (whatever that means). She transferred us to a web support agent to order the program, at which point I had to leave for an appointment for which I was already late; when my son finally heard from the agent, he was informed that it would be impossible to get the program for that evening.  Frustrating as that was, especially for his friends, my son's frustration was compounded by having the same problem trying to order the next morning's re-run of the program.

I would like to know if there are any other FIOS customers who have had this problem. So far, the only advantages I have realized by switching to FIOS is the cost reduction from bundling my cable TV service with my telephones and internet service, and a few additional channels not carried by Time Warner. FIOS internet is no faster than my previous DSL service; and this recent PPV issue was very disappointing.  I hope that there is some way to get better service from Verizon for what was supposed to be breakthrough technology.

0 Likes
Re: On-demand PPV: No help on FIOS
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

good morning MLK, have you tried to order any other PPV programs since then? If so, was it successful? If you are interested please send us a private message with your account info so we can look into the issue for you, Thanks and Have a good day!

0 Likes