OnDemand Gating
Mumbles140

Has anyone else heard anything from Verizon about this?  Apparently, if you aren't in the Extreme HD or Ultimate HD package, you will lose some On Demand content (i.e. Free Movies) if you aren't subscribed to those channels.  Anyone have any luck talking with Verizon about this issue?  I was told by Customer Service that they don't restrict On Demand, but Technical Service told me they are 'gating' now.

0 Likes
Re: OnDemand Gating
PJL
Master - Level 3

What does "gating" mean?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can olny watch OnDemand content from those channels you are subscribed to.

So if there are movies you want to watch on a channel you aren't subscribed to, then you cant.

0 Likes
katie_soh

Is that what happened ot my BBC America On Demand?  I used to be able to watch it.  Now I am being asked for a quick code--but the code is out of frame. So I need to upgrade my HD package?   Endless upsells--they won't be happy till I'm paying $200 a month for my bundle. 

0 Likes
Mumbles140

Precisely!  When I locked into a two-year agreement, everything that was "Free" On Demand was just that - free.  Now, they are making us pay more for it.  They say it is simply a change in programming, but that is an absolute lie - they are taking programming that was free and now charging it for us.  Nothing change, they just wanted to gouge us for even more money, and it is total crap.

0 Likes