One TV installation keeps dropping service restarts service
Vnamvet

We recently moved to a home with Verizon FIOS service and had four  televisions installed. I did the wiring and installation myself since that was my line of work before I retired. All four units worked flawlessly for about three months. One day the unit in the kitchen  stopped working. After several calls to the Verizon help desk I ran a new cable with the assumption the cable I had installed three months earleir had failed. Again the television worked flawlessly for about a month. In the last few months this television has dropped service and restarted service about 15 times. I never know when I turn it on whether or not it is going to work. 

From discussions with the Verizon technical support people I have changed every part including the cable, all connectors, and even the set top box. Nothing seems to solve this situation. My testing tools indicate a good cable and all connections. I am reluctant to have a Verizon technician come to the house because there is a 50/50 chance when he gets here the system will be fine and he will not be able to troubleshoot anything, because nothing is wrong on that particular day. 

Has anyone else had the problem of intermittent conncetion issues with just one of your Verizon Fios installations? I also want to mention that the other three installations in my house have worked flawlessly since day one.

Thank you for any thoughts you might have on this issue.

0 Likes
Re: One TV installation keeps dropping service restarts service
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried moving boxes around?

Could be the box that is going bad.

0 Likes
Re: One TV installation keeps dropping service restarts service
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Swap a working box to the location to see if you still have the same trouble. It could just be a bad leg on that splitter.

0 Likes