One channel freezes and becomes "unavailable" all on STBs and DVR boxes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Channel 162 has been freezing, then tiling, then suddenly becomes "unavailable" and to troubleshoot.  Went thru all troubleshooting steps, failed 3X, called Verizon tech support this morning too.  They tried a signal boost and that failed too.  Why would only ONE channel do this on all 4 STBs and one DVR box.  Every other channel is fine.  PS:  I have service scheduled for tomorrow.   

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: One channel freezes and becomes "unavailable" all on STBs and DVR boxes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you.  The problem has been resolved by contacting FIOS.  A tech was sent on Sunday, even tho my appt was set for Monday!   He installed a new splitter outside as the one I had was corroding.  That seemed to solve the problem for now.  Thank you for your assistance.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

It is possible the signal is low or there is something wrong with the tuner in the Set Top Box. Let me know if you still need any assistance.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you.  The problem has been resolved by contacting FIOS.  A tech was sent on Sunday, even tho my appt was set for Monday!   He installed a new splitter outside as the one I had was corroding.  That seemed to solve the problem for now.  Thank you for your assistance.  

0 Likes