One channel jumping on only one box
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
I stated earlier about my problem with the box that won't activate, but I actually noticed something even more weird. One channel in my area, channel 3 (WSBK) has a very jumpy picture on the other new box that is active. It's on this box only. Has this ever happened before? Now I'm starting to see all the problems that come with FiOS. I'm wondering if I should go back to Comcast. How much is the cancellation fee?
0 Likes
Re: One channel jumping on only one box
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Did the tech hook up a meter to all of your coax connections and test them before installing your STBs?
0 Likes
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
He did, but these 2 boxes I installed myself.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
What was your configuration before the 2 boxes you installed? What did you do to add the 2 boxes?
0 Likes
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
I don't know what my configuration was. And again, I had 2 black boxes replaced with silver boxes.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Did you run the coax yourself to these boxes? Did you change or add splitters? These things effect picture quality.
0 Likes
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
I just used the coax that was already there, and I didn't add splitters or anything.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Since you didn't have boxes installed at those locations they were never tested. Maybe something is wrong with the line. Your other box just needs to be hooked up and activated and it will work.
Message Edited by Telcoguru on 07-28-2009 03:56 AM
0 Likes
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
The 2 new silver boxes are in the exact same locations as the black boxes were. Maybe the silver boxes require a different kind of signal, which is why this problem is happening.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Nope. They require the same rf signal. Make sure your connections are tight and pull the power cord to power cycle the box.
0 Likes