One of my TV One Minis Audio stopped working about a week ago
BobM4242

Honestly, I am ready to throw all of these TV One crap units into the lake.  Nothing but issues on all TVs, pixelation, Different results on power on with my AV Rcvr and sound bars, sometimes they power on the devices sometimes they don't (I get a different result each time) takes 2 or 3 times of powering on/off to finally get it all right.

My latest ... about a week ago The TV attached to one of my minis lost audio (been working fine since I first installed it about a two months ago).  I know its the STB as the unit works fine from computer.  this is a simple HDMI connection no other connection is involved.  I have tried several corrective options from this forum to no avail.  One interesting note, when I  edit the HDMI settings from the User Settings menu, No matter what I change the HDMI setting to (1080i for example) and I press ok it reverts to 480i while I am still in the settings option.   Any suggestions?  I have reset the TV to factory settings and rebooted the STB no help.  Also can someone tell me how can I reset the mini to factory settings so it lets we go thru the entire setup process again?

UPDATE.  I brought a second TV down and connected it to this STB,  works fine, and the audio works fine on the TV from a different source.  Did the October Firmware upgrade impact me.  The STB box on reset is auto provisioning to awful settings and I cannot change some of them it.

0 Likes
Re: One of my TV One Minis Audio stopped working about a week ago
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BobM4242 wrote:

Honestly, I am ready to throw all of these TV One crap units into the lake.  Nothing but issues on all TVs, pixelation, Different results on power on with my AV Rcvr and sound bars, sometimes they power on the devices sometimes they don't (I get a different result each time) takes 2 or 3 times of powering on/off to finally get it all right.

My latest ... about a week ago The TV attached to one of my minis lost audio (been working fine since I first installed it about a two months ago).  I know its the STB as the unit works fine from computer.  this is a simple HDMI connection no other connection is involved.  I have tried several corrective options from this forum to no avail.  One interesting note, when I  edit the HDMI settings from the User Settings menu, No matter what I change the HDMI setting to (1080i for example) and I press ok it reverts to 480i while I am still in the settings option.   Any suggestions?  I have reset the TV to factory settings and rebooted the STB no help.  Also can someone tell me how can I reset the mini to factory settings so it lets we go thru the entire setup process again?

UPDATE.  I brought a second TV down and connected it to this STB,  works fine, and the audio works fine on the TV from a different source.  Did the October Firmware upgrade impact me.  The STB box on reset is auto provisioning to awful settings and I cannot change some of them it.

Menu>settings>system>reset settings should get you back to factory on the box. Any chance your HDMI cable has gone bad or isn't High Speed certified?

0 Likes
BobM4242

Tried a different HDMI cable, same issue, hooked up the existing cable to a different TV and it works fine.  Hooked up my Laptop to the TV via same HDMI cable, works fine.  Just seems like too much of a coincidence that this was working fine until this October push occurred.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BobM4242 wrote:

Tried a different HDMI cable, same issue, hooked up the existing cable to a different TV and it works fine.  Hooked up my Laptop to the TV via same HDMI cable, works fine.  Just seems like too much of a coincidence that this was working fine until this October push occurred.

Try going into the service menu: power off button on box. OK 2x quickly on remote, should see a diagnostic page. Left arrow on circle, scroll to user, go to advanced HDMI settings, choose PCM, hit ok, reboot box.

0 Likes
BobM4242

🙂Already tried every combination on that menu, no avail. I have now hooked up two other TVs to this mini, all work fine, biggest difference is the unit that stopped working is a straight monitor, no tuner, when I reset the box and startup the STB box it is no longer recognizing the fact that it hooked up to a HD capable unit and is setting up 4:3 letterbox, DV (not HDMI) and 480i.  If I change these they revert back to the same settings.   Again this worked fine prior, and when I hook the monitor up to another source it works fine.  Also, Verizon has told me that this upgrade should not have caused this issue, of course 90% of these "Techs" no nothing beyond "are the cables connected", and "plug and unplug it". 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BobM4242 wrote:

🙂Already tried every combination on that menu, no avail. I have now hooked up two other TVs to this mini, all work fine, biggest difference is the unit that stopped working is a straight monitor, no tuner, when I reset the box and startup the STB box it is no longer recognizing the fact that it hooked up to a HD capable unit and is setting up 4:3 letterbox, DV (not HDMI) and 480i.  If I change these they revert back to the same settings.   Again this worked fine prior, and when I hook the monitor up to another source it works fine.  Also, Verizon has told me that this upgrade should not have caused this issue, of course 90% of these "Techs" no nothing beyond "are the cables connected", and "plug and unplug it". 

So that box works fine with 2 other TVs in the house, just not the one monitor right? Is it possible there was a firmware update done on the monitor you weren't aware of? Did you check to see if there is a firmware update for that monitor? Is the input on the monitor set to 1080i? Have you tried a different input on the monitor? Is the monitor HDCP 2.0 compliant?

0 Likes