Onkyo Audio Receiver Codes

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 2
(4,299 Views)

I have an Onkyo Receiver Model TX-SR606. I'm looking for the correct code to program my Verizon remote. There are 20 codes that I know of. Some of the codes turn on the receiver, but don't turn it off AND some of the codes turn off the receiver, but don't turn it on. Am I missing something?

1 REPLY 1
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Onkyo Audio Receiver Codes

Message 2 of 2
(4,264 Views)

You're not missing anything.  The FiOS remote is too limited.  Onkyo receivers only have discrete ON and OFF functions, they do not have a single command that will toggle the power.  Unfortunately, the FiOS remotes do not have in their l;ibraries any way to deal with this. Your best bet is to get a third party iuniversal remote, like from Radio Shack, One-for-all, or Harmony, if you want to go a little bit more upscale.

You're still going to have to work a little bit to add the required functions, but at least some of these remotes allow that, while the FiOS remote does not.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.