Switch Account

Onkyo TX-NR709 won't work with Verizon remote

Onkyo TX-NR709 won't work with Verizon remote

Highlighted
Copper Contributor bobgare
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(451 Views)

I have the  Onkyo TX-NR709.  The Verizon/Phillips remote will only turn the receiver on or off but not both.   Verizon support "lost in space" their answer buy a Harmony remote.  I had Harmony before and feel they suck.  Just check Harmony's own web page reviews 1/4 of they own reviews only give them a 1-3 rating out of 5.  

Onkyo support says it's version's fault and their remote.  Phillips who makes the remote don't even know they make the remote, DAHHH!!!!

All I want and need it to do is turn it on/off and volume adj.  

I can go to Walmart buy a $50 Home Theater system and completely control all my components with my Verizon/Phillips remote.  High end stuff no way.  I guess the new rule must be, at least with Verizon and Phillips, You Don't get What You Pay For.

And so every knows it's a lot of the higher end stuff not just Onkyo.

Buying a remote that cost 1/4-1/2 ($199.99-$350.00) as much as the receiver ($500)  is absolutely insane and shouldn't even be suggested.   It's only a remote control.

Does anyone know if Verizon's Motorola or Scientific-Atlanta AT8550 will do the Hard job of turning my receiver on/off and adj the volume.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.