Online Streaming Authentication issues with Chrome
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3

I get caught in a never ending login loop when I try to authenticate with my Verizon ID for online streaming services such as stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra, stream.golfchannel.com, nflonline.nfl.com, etc.  Others have reported the same issue with showtime's online streaming service.  I have cookies enabled and I continue to get caught in login loops when I'm using Chrome.  I do not have the same issue with Internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox.  This has been reported before but it doesn't seem to be a high priority.  Please fix this issue ASAP.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Online Streaming Authentication issues with Chrome
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3

Looks like its an issue with the built in "Pepper" Flash player in Chrome.  I disabled the built in Chrome flash player and enabled the system flash player and all my authentication issues have gone away on Chrome.  WatchESPN, NBC Sports Live Extra, Watch NFL Network all work now.

Verizon...please work with Google on a permanent fix for this!!!

To anyone else having authentication issues on Chrome... use this link to disable the pepper flash player: http://newtriks.com/2012/12/01/how-to-disable-the-chrome-pepper-flash-player/

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

Make sure you have session cookies enabled in Chrome.  Since things are working with IE that may be your problem.

0 Likes
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3

Here are the cookies options on Chrome, with my comments in bold:

1) Allow local data to be set (recommended) (I currently have it set to this mode)

2) Keep local data only until I quit my browser (note that this option forces me to re-sign in to EVERY website every time I open the browser, which is not an acceptable solution, since no other sites have this problem Verizon needs to figure it out)

3) Block sites from setting any data

4) Block third party sites from setting any data (unchecked)

I've also tried to get it to work in "incognito mode" which strips out the history, past cookies, and removes all extensions and apps and I still get sent into an infinite login loop.

0 Likes
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3

Any response from Verizon on this?

0 Likes
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3

Now watchespn.com isn't working on chrome.  This issue is so frustrating.  When is Verizon going to fix this?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Have you cleared the SSL state?

0 Likes
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3

Just did.  Didn't fix anything.  I've cleared cookies, doesn't fix anything.  Its a total joke.  Why isn't Verizon responding to this issue?

0 Likes
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3

Looks like its an issue with the built in "Pepper" Flash player in Chrome.  I disabled the built in Chrome flash player and enabled the system flash player and all my authentication issues have gone away on Chrome.  WatchESPN, NBC Sports Live Extra, Watch NFL Network all work now.

Verizon...please work with Google on a permanent fix for this!!!

To anyone else having authentication issues on Chrome... use this link to disable the pepper flash player: http://newtriks.com/2012/12/01/how-to-disable-the-chrome-pepper-flash-player/

TimeVoyager
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm suggesting Verizon fix this soon. There are thousands of new Chrome users out there now. Lately, I've been leaning toward dumping Verizon at the end of my contract because they just seem to get further and further behind on keeping up with technology. It reminds me of the old sluggish, foot dragging, asleep at the wheel Bell service.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes