Onscreen Caller ID Not Working on All STB's
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I have lost the ability to have Caller ID display on all my STB's even though it is enabled in the settings.  I called Verizon tech service and they were unable to get my Caller ID service up and running. They sent several reset commands to my STB's and then tried a test call but it still didn't show up on the TV.   I am wondering if a reset of my router will fix this?  Thanks for any info.

0 Likes
Re: Onscreen Caller ID Not Working on All STB's
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I reset my router by pressing the reset button in the back with a paperclip.  After the system came back on line, I tried a test call.  Still no Caller ID on the screen of any of my STB's even though I went in the settings and re-enabled the Caller ID.  Can anyone help?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

An STB reset and STB autocorrection from the STB help menu did not work for me when my caller ID broke.  (My remote DVR function from the web site was broken too.)  Have your checked your router to ensure that there is an Application UDP Any -> 63145 (or some other port number) setting in the firewall Port Forwarding rules for the STB's IP address? I discovered that mine was there but it was disabled. The only way I could get it enabled was to do a hard reset of the router (paperclip in the reset slot on the back, holding it for a full 20 seconds) which re-applied the router defaults.  Then the UDP rule showed up enabled and caller ID on the STB worked again -- immediately.  And the remote DVR function worked again too.

This process might work for you.  Your router reset may not have taken -- make sure you hold the paperclip in for 20 seconds with the router plugged in and operating.

0 Likes
ATR

We have the same problem!  Called 4 times and the tech reset everything.  It would work for a short time then disappear!  Last call was made last night.  Told us that our router had "old" software that did not support this function.  I asked if the software could be updated remotely-and was told no.  They are sending a new router.  I then asked why didn't the other 3 techs know this was the cause..no response.  BTW, each call to tech support took over 0ne hour and had us running from one TV to the other to check the function.  Very frustrating...

0 Likes
Lets_Go_Mets
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem. I joined FiOS about a year ago. I have three 500GB HD DVR's (upgraded from the 160's a few months ago). My callerid has always worked until about 2-3 weeks ago.

I've tried:

1 - Resetting all STB's

2 - Resetting the router

3 - Disabling and Enabling callerid in the settings

Not sure what else to try.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

If you have done an STB reset, autocorrection, and a hard reset (to factory defaults) of the router and confirmed that caller ID is enabled in the STB settings, and checked the router for proper port mapping (Application UDP Any -> 63145 for the STB IP address), then try posting your problem on https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect,  State everything in the post that you have done, and be sure to include your phone number, name, and service address.  Only you an the Verizon people will be able to see the post.  Creating an account there is free.  We did this for my neighbor and the Verizon technicians re-portmapped the box -- and Caller ID and Remote DVR have been working every since.  You may have to wait a few days for a reply, and if you don't hear a reply within 2-3 days bump the post to the top of the heap by adding another comment saying the problem has not been corrected.  That usually gets their attention.

0 Likes