Optical Audio Out Connection
grumpydude

I have a Motorola QIP7232-2 DVR. I am unable to get the optical audio out connection to work. When I connect an optical cable, the other end lights up as it is supposed to, but when I connect to my AV rreceiver, I get no sound. Does anyone know if it supposed to work? I contacted Verizon Techincal Support via phone and they didn't seem to know.

0 Likes
Re: Optical Audio Out Connection
tns
Master - Level 2

First your receiver needs to support Dolby Digital, many older and a few new basic receivers don't.  If it doesn't there is a way to turn it to output only PCM in the hidden menus (from powered on, hit power off on STB, select, menu). 

If that doesn't work confirm your receiver works, if possible, by trying a different device connected to the same optical cable.

If that is all ruled out then a bad  Verizon box.

0 Likes
grumpydude

Sorry to be such an dunce, but my STB doesn't have a menu button. I press the Power Off button and then the OK button and nothing happens.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

On newer models you will have to use the remote to finish the sequence.  Still recommend the power off button on the STB/DVR so the TV stays on.  Once you finish the sequence the box will power up (don't hit power on again) and display its hidden menu.

0 Likes
grumpydude

With the TV powered on, I press the Power button on the STB to turn it off. When I press the Menu button on the remote, it turns the STB back on showing regular TV.

0 Likes