Option to disable all DVR confirmation prompts
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

My Verizon DVR is so bogged down with inefficient software features (that I don't want) and intrusive ads (upon first access of the day) I'll do anything to speed things up.

Is there a way to disable the constant prompts asking me if I'm sure I want to delete a recorded program?  After all, if I make a mistake I can always undelete a program using that feature.

Sometimes I feel that the software engineers that created my DVR software work hard to increase the number of keystrokes (button clicks).  Case in point, that silly new "Last Viewed" feature which I just discovered can be disabled thanks to this forum.  🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Option to disable all DVR confirmation prompts
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry. I misunderstood the question when I first read it. There is no way to eliminate that notification deleting a recording. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you go to Menu > Settings > Notifications and disable/turn off everything in there. 

RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you.  I will try that.  Hopefully the "delete" confirmation is one of those options....

0 Likes
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

Just reporting that turning off all the notification options does NOT eliminate the confirmation dialog you get when trying to delete a program from DVR.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry. I misunderstood the question when I first read it. There is no way to eliminate that notification deleting a recording. 

RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

No worries.  Most software applications I use provided the means to turn of delete confirmations.  Would be nice if this was added..... one can hope.

0 Likes