Option to disable all DVR confirmation prompts

Option to disable all DVR confirmation prompts

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 1 of 6
(477 Views)

My Verizon DVR is so bogged down with inefficient software features (that I don't want) and intrusive ads (upon first access of the day) I'll do anything to speed things up.

Is there a way to disable the constant prompts asking me if I'm sure I want to delete a recorded program?  After all, if I make a mistake I can always undelete a program using that feature.

Sometimes I feel that the software engineers that created my DVR software work hard to increase the number of keystrokes (button clicks).  Case in point, that silly new "Last Viewed" feature which I just discovered can be disabled thanks to this forum.  🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6
(453 Views)

If you go to Menu > Settings > Notifications and disable/turn off everything in there. 

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 3 of 6
(446 Views)

Thank you.  I will try that.  Hopefully the "delete" confirmation is one of those options....

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 4 of 6
(338 Views)

Just reporting that turning off all the notification options does NOT eliminate the confirmation dialog you get when trying to delete a program from DVR.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6
(323 Views)

Sorry. I misunderstood the question when I first read it. There is no way to eliminate that notification deleting a recording. 

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 6 of 6
(286 Views)

No worries.  Most software applications I use provided the means to turn of delete confirmations.  Would be nice if this was added..... one can hope.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.