Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
Coolice801

After waiting on hold for 58 minutes I finally got ahold of someone :D. What the rep told me " There is probably an outage in your area but it's not yet reported." I currently have internet just no TV and live in Ashburn.

0 Likes
msann1

Same problem for me. in Woodbridge.  I have internet, however no phone landline or cell and no TV. 

0 Likes
Honeybun757
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yes the same here. The house phone is up but it's saying all circuts are busy...like it did on 9/11. My settop boxes are all down and both my personal and govt cellphones are down. Only the Internet seems to be working
0 Likes
BrynG

Probably an outage?  LOL.  Anything but admit they are down.

0 Likes
johnhorizon

Anybody receive an ETA on when service would be restored? We are without TV and phone (Dale City, VA) and since cell service is spotty in my area I can't stay on the line long enough to talk with anyone at Verizon.

0 Likes
Coolice801

According to the outage text Igot after hanging up it said the resolution time would be by 5pm today.

0 Likes
ac4lt
Enthusiast - Level 2

One hour and 40 minutes on hold. I give up Verizon. Your support needs support.

blynn56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Woodbridge/Lake Ridge and have the same thing.  Spent 30 minutes looking online and finally found your note here.  Can't call...no phones.  Tried to chat online with service but chats are down too.

0 Likes
FredburgHokie
Enthusiast - Level 1

No TV in Fredericksburg.  Internet is working fine.

0 Likes
bugsplat9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just finished talking with Verizon Cust. Service... after 45 min wait, was able to get through...

The rep told me that they have 2 network adapters down and that should be repaired soon.

I am a bit skeptical here in West Ridge/Lake Ridge... he tried to 'hit' both set top boxes that aren't working and said that he had good signal strength, but could not communicate with them...

thought there could be an issue with a computer somewhere in the chain...

he told me DO NOT TURN OFF or try to RESET my only working HDTV set top box, as he felt I may lose that one as well...

I have no cell service here at all .....

I think there may be a possibility that one of the computers in the chain may have been injured.... since these computers are what help to control the signals from the mother ship...

Not so sure that this is going to end quickly....

BTW, I told him that the community status page had zero data on this outage..... not sure if that would get fixed//

Also, rep said I was only the 3rd to call from my area on the outage in Woodbridge... so my guess is that many more are waking up and finding it out or on hold...for a long time...

hope this helps...