What Is Happening In Northern Virginia!
Teberg

FIOS TV not showing ANY picture or only showing the channel defaulted to when started this morning and displaying other channels as unavailable.

Troubleshooting options not rebooting set top boxes.

Land lines working intermitently or not at all.

We're grateful that internet is up and running.

Information please.

0 Likes
Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
Teberg

Thank you bugsplat9999.

0 Likes
Re: What Is Happening In Northern Virginia!
jwhit1
Enthusiast - Level 1

South Riding, VA - No TV, Phone or Cell service. Internet is up. This is absurd...for the amount of money that I pay Verizon, I expect them to communicate outages. How about an email to affected customers? Verizon, please read this and know you have many unhappy customers in Northern VA today.

0 Likes
Haywoo01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks bugsplat9999 for the update.  After being on hold for 45mins, I got disconnected.  As a lot of people have stated here, we can tell there is a problem.... We just want to know its being fixed.... Very hard to find any information.  

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Out in Leesburg, too, it seems. Both my Verizon set-top box and my TiVo DVR (with cablecard) are out. I was guessing maybe lightning hit my old NIM 100, but it sounds like the problem is bigger than that. Tried the online troubleshooting tool, but it's been stuck at "retrieving your records" for about 10 minutes now. That's what made me think maybe the problem was bigger and everyone is reporting issues. I thought my phone was working (has a dial tone), but I can't make calls. I can call in to my land line from my cell phone, however.

0 Likes
Re: What Is Happening In Northern Virginia!
BrTrout
Enthusiast - Level 2

DSL down in Arlington VA. We don't rate FIOS here. Verizon has mediocre service with a horribly cluttered and convoluted nightmare of a support menu.  Severe weather effects are understandable - just make the network status easy to find already.

It's reasonable to expect a clean and logical  start or home page with network status without all the garbage ads and 4-deep menus.

0 Likes
johnhorizon

My thanks to you bugsplat9999 as well. Most information we've gotten so far. Only the 3rd in Woodbridge? I bet it is because it takes so long to get thru. Either one can't call at all (FiOS "land lines" down) or they get disconnected while waiting on their cell. Both me and my neighbor have no TV or phone, and that's two customers right there in Dale City. I have no idea how Verizon can't be aware of this. I'm trying chat once again. The estimated wait time fluctuates like crazy, but at least now I can see where I am in the queue. 62nd. =o

0 Likes
bugsplat9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update on my FIOS TV...

I was wrong... I don't have all the FIO channels... locals (504, 505, 507, 508, 509) and other premium not working... I do have CNN and NBC Sport network (590).... 

So it looks like it is related to some sort of outage with the FIOS TV system...

My mistake was to try and reboot my set top in the other room and the box has never come back...

the non HDTV set top works only with select channels as well... and I did not reboot the box...

Looks like whatever controls the signals to the box is hosed up...

Also, based upon the last picture on the screen of the bad HDTV set top... i lost that set top sometime around 1145.. last night

Cell service is very dead... and searches for SVC area...

guess we have to thank the weather for this one...

0 Likes
nicainnva
Enthusiast - Level 2

No FiOS TV in Leesburg VA.  The interesting thing is that TV was working last night after the storm.  Thankfully, and don't want to jinx it, Internet is alive and kicking.

I gave up trying to use the self-support tools, which got me nowhere...

Hope they can bring the TV back to normal, or my 6-year old will drive us nuts!

nicainnva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on my previous experiences calling FiOS support, I decided to not even bother, and after the self-service support yielded nothing, thought to check out the forums...  Hang in there