Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
RosePose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many thanks to all on this forum for your successes in finding answers!  After multiple tries to get through on the FIOS "contact us" link, I gave up.  FIOS TV out at my home in Ashburn, phone OK, internet (thankfully) OK as well.  Sure would be nice if they posted an "Outage" report somewhere on the FIOS home page so their customers wouldn't have to go through all this!

0 Likes
DCAreaRes

Over in Tysons/Vienna, FIOS landline telco gets dialtone.  However, there's nothing but fast busy on attempted outbound calls.  FIOS Internet is working.  Verizon Wireless outbound calls are not working right now (Saturday morning 30 June 2012 approximately 0950 EDT) either.

0 Likes
DDDev

I'm in Woodbridge, and my internet is up, thankfully. But the cable, landline and my cell are all out! It is frustrating because I can't even call to report the issue and the website is not allowing for any issues to be reported online. WHAT A MESS. I wish they would post something so I know what the heck is going on and a rough time frame for it to be resolved!

0 Likes
bugsplat9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those who don't have working FIOS TV... If you have NOT rebooted your set top box, try going to CNN or other channels to see if some work...    I have found that my CNN works ok and I have at least 6 other channels..

So what looked like dead FIOS TV to me.. has a bit of life...

If you have rebooted your set top as I did in one room, then you are SOL... cause there is no talking to the mother ship when the box finishing its reboot... you will get the standard -- - -- - --- display and the set top will have no mind at all...

hope this help...

BTW, there is always Internet TV... if you can figure it out....

0 Likes
VicVinegar1

No TV in Leesburg.  Box just sits there trying to "set up".  I unplugged it last night, so it didn't take any surges.  I just got a telemarketer call though, so phone seems to be OK.  Internet is obviously OK too.  Cell phones are working.  

Verizon really does stink at customer communication and support.  Both on wireless and Fios sides.  Thankfully I haven't needed support much, but when you do, it makes you want to cancel everything just to never have to deal with them ever again.

0 Likes
blynn56
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you think Verizon would take a look at all this and get a CLUE about customer service??????????

0 Likes
mastaer

Centreville,VA-TV and land lines out. All was working last night shortly after midnight. Woke up this morning with no services. Tried reseting boxes with no luck. AT&T cell services is spotty at best for some reson, so cant call verizon and their internet help is horrible. Cant even log in with out system timing out. 

0 Likes
SugarBare

In Sterling.  Have internet, but no ph, TV or cell svc.  For those who did get to speak to someone at Verizon, did they give any info on an outage, that they were working on it & when everything would be up & running again?

0 Likes
msmcadoo

Just to add...no FIOS TV and no Verizon Wireless here in Falmouth/Northern Fredericksburg.  Power came back early this morning and TV was on here before 6AM this morning, but then went out.  Time is not even displaying on my HD STBs as they are stuck in "downloading" mode.

At least there's still Internet service (knocking on wood). 

0 Likes
msmcmu

Fairfax City here.  Fios TV and land-line phone not working (not even a dial tone).  Internet and cell phone are working.  I can't get anyone at Verizon on the phone... just keep getting the "all circuits are busy" message when I try to call.  Clearly they are aware of the problem since it looks like a few people have gotten through to them.  What I find frustrating the most is that they have made no attempt to give any information to their customers.  At the very least I would expect a posting on this website from them saying something like "We are aware of a problem in your area and are working to resolve it."  But I have found nothing.  Completely ridiculous!!

0 Likes