Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
wellred
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Woodbridge have been on hold for over an hour - no TV - just says it's downloading updates and nothing comes up - and can't find a darn thing on the Verizon pages telling where they have outages.  You'd think they could have this info on their home page....

0 Likes
michael22025

i get storms i understand stuff happens. what i dont understand is the unwillingness of a company to post when stuff happens. i spent a frustrating hour plugging and unplugging phones, trying to call, only to find an answer in the forums. technololgy is great but not at expense of alientating customers with this "everything you need to know can be found on the web" mentality.

0 Likes
Kawifam

Same in Lake Ridge. Cannot get through to Verizon by phone or by internet. Power is out at the kohls and east down Minnieville towards 123. Traffic is crazy.

0 Likes
VicVinegar1

Well they seem to be consistently terrible with communicating information.  I guess they have no "continual improvement" aspect of their customer service.  

When they unveiled the Share Everything plans there was no information available anywhere, CSRs and store reps didn't have any answers.  I ordered a phone in a corporate store, it was mysteriously cancelled with no message/email/anything.  Then it took over 24 hours to get another order placed.  All to hand them $280 and a 2 year agreement.  

Last year I swapped out one of my ancient DVRs that couldn't handle IMG 9 and then it took 2.5 hours on phone support to get the new box working since the store screwed up, then the first CSR screwed up more, then tech support couldn't fix it.  Finally one guy knew his way around the system and stayed on with me for an hour to get it fixed.  

Like I said, you want to cancel after garbage like this but where are you going to go?  Comcast?  Not exactly known for thier service either.  

0 Likes
PuttPutt1

Centreville VA: No phone, no TV, no way to communicate with Verizon.  FRUSTRATING. Missing Wimbledon. Awaiting a call from the doctor's office with test results. Thank-you to the other customers who shared their intel. You guys are much more helpful than the understaffed Verizon.

0 Likes
ck75

All out here in Montclair/Dumfries area as well...thanks all for trying to post this information...i do not see any information in the news channels online either...which is surprising.

I tried trouble shooting based on the FOIS setup box instructions and lost FOIS on demand as well 🙂

Just have the internet!

0 Likes
blynn56
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got through on their chat line.  He offered to text me when service was restored.  Oops! cell service is down too!  He says there is no ETA for restoration of services as of 10:17 AM, but we can call 888-553-1555 and say "Billing" when service is restored and get credit for the time down.  <sarcastically> gee thanks.......

0 Likes
huzzah3579

ANYONE with an update?

0 Likes
huzzah3579

Its 10:35 AM and STILLno posting about an outage from Verizon...geeez. No phone, no TV,no web support available as it doesnt work, no phone support as i can't get through to them....do they know what CUSTOMER SERVICE is to us? Maybe they need to learn how to spell it first 😞

0 Likes
jfair1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

911 emergency service in Prince William is currently out of service due to verizon outager.  Not good.

0 Likes