Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
ck75

Wow that is true....i tried the 911 on my phone and get a busy signal...this is troublesome!

0 Likes
CMS51

After reading all of the locations, seeing that PW 911 is down...this is a huge outage and still no news online about the issue. One of the advantages of FIOS internet, TV and Phone is one may go down, but not all. If this follows the progression...TV...then phone, the internet is next??

Time to make some popcorn and pop in some DVD's...or read a book.

I'll check back here hoping someone will report when things are coming back up. I wonder how many of us have reset our boxes and the issues that will cause us. sigh

VERIZON - people understand outages...what we need to hear is you are aware and are working to restore everything. Keep your customers informed...even if it isn't great news.

To all of you posting updates here...THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
pfeiffep1

There's certainly an issue with VZ and time, my previous post was 10:55 EDT, the board reported 07:55; maybe the board is hosted in PDT

0 Likes
pancakes2

In Woodbridge we have no TV, house or cell phone but have internet.....how quickly we go back 60 years. Perhaps Verizon could rethink how we can still incorporate a landline with Fios.

I'm also very frustrated how we can post our updates but Verizon cannot post where the outages are and the estimated time to repair, or the extent of the damage.

0 Likes
johnhorizon

Finally got thru to a representative online thru the Support Chat after waiting in the queue for over an hour. Rep. tells me there's an outage. I knew that. Rep. sends me to a Supervisor. Supervisor tells me there's an outage. Awesome. I ask if he knows when service will be restored. He says no. I ask if he has any details as to why there is an outage 12 hours after the storm passed over VA. He can only say that the storm is to blame. That was so informative. Fingers crossed they get this resolved quickly, as that would be their only saving grace after not notifying any of their customers of this outage (or even being aware of it themselves when it first occured).

0 Likes
VanceW1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's 11:20am in Triangle VA. Spoke with tech support a couple of hours ago. They said that northern VA is experiencing a Video outage.

TV & Cell Phone are the only 2 services that I am missing. Phone and Internet have been up since power was restored at about 5:30 this morning.

0 Likes
pfeiffep1

News Channel 8 streaming live just reported that Fairfax 911 was down

0 Likes
RosePose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Remember those funky "rabbit ear" things we were all required to purchase a couple of years ago for a tv not connected to cable?  Fortunately, I have one in my guest room - think I'll see if I can grab some news in the "non-FIOS" world as FIOS can't seem to figure it out.  I'm in Ashburn - land line still OK, internet still OK.  Stay strong out there!

tgolds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow many posts on this thread, good to see all the help.  The main issue is the power outages of Central Offices in the area. This is why some phones work and others have dial tone but get fast busys. Dominion is working on these issues. I do wish we get more updates from VZ to let us know what is going on and staus updates.

I did have my premium channels before I left this morning but no local and many other channels. Atleast the internet is working and we can all communicate.

0 Likes
YourTeamSucks
Enthusiast - Level 2

@YourTeamSucks wrote:

Fios is out here in Fairfax as well. However, when you call customer support, provide the "code", you are then brought to a cue that asks you to take a customer service survey. Really?  You haven't done anything yet! You are then transferred and are informed that there is "no one available to take your call at this time", and promptly disconnected...

Here is what I think about Verizon's Customer Service:  If both of their hands were free, and they had a map with a picture of their body, and on the map their {word filter avoidance} was circled in red and labeled " THIS IS IS YOUR {word filter avoidance}", They still couldn't find their own {word filter avoidance}...

{please keep your posts courteous}

FIX THE PROBLEM, THEN I'LL BE "COURTEOUS" !  {please keep your posts courteous}