Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
1Ace1

Actually all my channels are not working ditto with the house phone and our cell phones.    The wifi is fine......anyone know how long?????

0 Likes
sdf2000

I don't have FIOS TV but I do have FIOS digital voice and it's dead no dial tone or anything.  Also, my verizon iPhone is not working -- no bars (when I usually get at least 3 or 4).  Internet is fine however.  I live in Manassas, VA.

0 Likes
vagirl25

We have some TV and Internet is going strong here in 22026 (Montclair/Southbridge/Dumfries), but no landline phone (Verizon digital) or wireless (Verizon as well) cell service. Luckily my hubby's AT&T work cellphone seems to be working for now.

Hopefully Verizon gets this fixed soon or at least gives those of us without phones an ETA! With the 911 service in Fairfax and Prince William also being down, and I assume on Verizon, I hope that fixing this become a priority!  

UPDATES would be wonderful Verizon.

Thank you!

0 Likes
lizbeth2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well all, after 146 minutes on hold....I talked with a real human.  This is the scoop, I have internet but no phone and no TV.  It sounds as if they lost a large sub-station in Arlington which is causing all our problems.  I was told that they are bringing in generators as quickly as possible BUT they have NO estimate on when it will be fixed, so for those of you like me it started (for me) around 07:15 and I still counting as I'll be asking for a refund.

ps - I live in the Sterling Ashburn area.

sdf2000

Thanks so much for that update.  I live in Manassas, VA and have no dial tone or cell service.  I do not have FIOS TV thank goodness.  You'd think they would post an outage report on their main pages.  I just happened to stumble across this discussion by doing a Google search.

0 Likes
lizbeth2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was forced to use my son's Tracphone, to get what information I did....

0 Likes
brainache

Power outages to the central offices ?  Am I to understand that one of the most technologically advanced companies in the world does not have generator back up to keep the services up and running ? Don't get me wrong, this is the first and only outage I have had since I have had Verizon service (several years now) but that just seem odd to me. And some more straight forward info about the outage and estimated time for repair would be nice.  And I doubt any of us will get credited for this down time on our bills.

0 Likes
VT95Hokie

Have TV and internet in Bristow, no digital voice (all FiOS of course).  Been able to make a few outgoing calls with my VZW blackberry but no answers on the receiving ends.

Is there anywhere we can go for "official updates" on service status?

0 Likes
Knightblaster
It's odd that it is hitting different areas with different service outages. Probably more than one thing causing it. In Herndon we have fios tv but haven't had any Internet since this morning. I'm guessing that the folks who don't have Internet aren't posting here for that reason (I am posting from a non-VZW cell).
0 Likes
blynn56
Enthusiast - Level 1

About an hour ago I got this number from the Chat Rep:  {edited for privacy}.  They will allegedly give a credit when service is restored.  But we have to ask for it.

0 Likes