Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
lagunslinger
I live in Gainesville and without Verizon fios tv and phone but Internet is working. Any idea when this will be fixed?
0 Likes
OTCM1972
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm having the same problems as everyone else...Verizon can't post any info about the outage, but I did receive an email from Verizon that starts: Stay connected this summer with Verizon Wireless We're here to help you keep in touch with friends and family while on-the-go this season. HOW IRONIC!!!!!!!!
0 Likes
jc433

Thanks, I live in Westridge also and have no TV, or cell phone. My land line will place outward calls, but nothing gets through.

0 Likes
NeedStatusNow
Enthusiast - Level 1

My mother is in North Reston and seems to have FIOS TV but no Verizon wireless and no FIOS internet.  I am a Comcast customer and, while I am not a fan, I have to say that this debacle has me rethinking my dislike of Comcast.  At least I have easy access to outage statuses on their website whenever I need them.  

I was considering switching to Verizon FIOS, but now I think I'll stay with Comcast, ESPECIALLY because of the 911 outage!  Does anyone else in Reston have any word?

0 Likes
jwhit1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone else find in hilarious that the moderator has time to edit our posts by removing a Verizon provided number for a credit?!

@blynn56 wrote:

About an hour ago I got this number from the Chat Rep:  {edited for privacy}.  They will allegedly give a credit when service is restored.  But we have to ask for it.

I currently cannot speak to Verizon at all (no chat, no home phone, no cell phone) and yet they are able to censor us....Fantastic Customer Service. 

sheigh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm without TV/Phone here in Rippon Landing, finished talking to Verizon with no new information provided... pretty annoying since Dominion Power has released a number of statements already. BTW, I was 84th in the queue at one point.

jc433

If Verizon can send out their June newsletter via the internet this morning, why can't they send out a notice about the status of repairs via e-mail? That may not take care of ALL of their customers, but would be one step in helping their customers know what is going on.

0 Likes
e2thed1

FiOS TV just came back on in Ashburn.

0 Likes
BrTrout
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jwhit wrote:

Does anyone else find in hilarious that the moderator has time to edit our posts by removing a Verizon provided number for a credit?!

@blynn56 wrote:

About an hour ago I got this number from the Chat Rep:  {edited for privacy}.  They will allegedly give a credit when service is restored.  But we have to ask for it.

I currently cannot speak to Verizon at all (no chat, no home phone, no cell phone) and yet they are able to censor us....Fantastic Customer Service. 

Tnis third-world flail-ex is nothing new for Verizon and exactly why - when I move in 3 months I gurantee you Verizon will not be my provider.  I am grateful to have stayed with ATT WS  for my mobile and if available they'll get my business for landline and digital tv later this year.

0 Likes
kml3
I just got off a chat w verizon and they have no intention of giving any of us rebates. My helpful Verizon agent said it was an act of God and not Verizon's fault. Anyone getting vague promises of rebates or credits is i think going to be disappointed

0 Likes