Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
JIGIJIVE

Does any one have a clue when I will be able to talk on the phone or watch the US open? I think the lack of communication from Verizon has been amazingly horrible.

0 Likes
John_in_VA
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have all services here in Leesburg.

0 Likes
brainache

Everything just came up in Manassas at 1:30. (at least at my house....in the city)

0 Likes
tomservo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have had FIOS TV and internet since the power returned @ 5:00 am this mroning. Had phone briefly, then gone. As of now, still no phone. Wireless was spotty for a while to, we are still having issue dialing locally  (cell to cell). 

0 Likes
In Centreville...
Tbibby2
Still no fios tv and no phone.
0 Likes
AndrewP111

My FIOS Internet and TV are ok, but the phone is out. No dial tone. I even bought a new phone from WalMart and plugged it directly into the FIOS box, and it still does not work.

0 Likes
CMS51

Centreville here...HD Box up, standard box up...DVR box still down. Landline still down.

2:52pm

0 Likes
SimpsonFam

Fredericksburg as well here...No TV, but Internet and Home phone work fine. My DVR HD box won't even turn on! Unplugged it from the wall and everything.....Hopefully they get it back up soon. Otherwise, movie night it is!

0 Likes
johnhorizon

For anyone else still in the same boat, FiOS TV service was restored to us (in Dale City, VA) close to 12:30 PM but we're still without FiOS Digital Phone service. Anyone else in Prince William County get their phone service back yet? Also, are there any standard steps I should be taking to hasten "landline" restoration or is this just a "sit and wait" process like the TV service restoration was?

0 Likes
Datdamwuf

If it helps anyone, it's not just fios phone service affected. I cannot call anyone on a landline via my blackberry either. I did get thru with the bb to another a friends cell. Basically I think the massive power outages have affected switching stations and probably some cell towers.

0 Likes