Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
sipaams

Reston, VA - My landline has been out since approximately 8:30am this morning.  I was actually on a call when it went out.  I don't understand why my service worked for 9+ hours after the storm then suddenly went out.  I have been trying to get info on the verizon website all day.  Now I can't even access the residential page, I'm getting an error!  My cell (ATT) and cable/internet (Comcast) and power (Dominion) have all continued uninterrupted.  NOT a good showing by Verizon!

0 Likes
jss9669
Contributor - Level 1
10:00PM and still no phone, TV, or internet in La Plata, MD
0 Likes
PoloFields

FIOS TV and Internet working in Reston Polo Fields but not Verizon landlines as of 11:00 pm 6/30

0 Likes
Pryzby
Landline, Internet and cable all out on FiOS in North Reston
0 Likes
dsfreybitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS customer in Fairfax. Services online until a "few hours ago," apparently. Checked for myself thirty minutes ago; indeed offline. Was working fine this afternoon.

0 Likes
sdf2000

Well, 0650 here in Manassas -- still no landline phone.....  And still no word from Verizon on what is happening and when it will be fixed.....

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Everyone should consider voting for some of the share your ideas suggestions that recommend that Verizon reinstitute SYSTEM status pages.  Essentially pages to let everyone know where outages are known and how long they expect them to take to repair.

Probably others but here are tow of them

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Viewing-Outages/idi-p/323399

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/System-Status-Web-Page-Updates-Needed/idi... 

0 Likes
phone outages In Louisa - Bumpass Va
davidjohnson821

Why is it gonna take until july 7th to restore home phone service - reported outage on Saturday morning- BTW terrible Verizon website for customers reporting outages- should be a designated "button" without all the hassle- was told on saturday no widespread outage issues - However I am learning from others that their home phones are down also - Verizon has my email - and also when we sign into our accoounts and try to report an outage - I screen should pop up saying "OUTAGES IN YOUR AREA" I had to use my neighbors cell phone to call this in because your website would not accept my outage request and it took over 30 minutes of hold time. I will expect a credit for all these  days with no home phone service. Very disappointed with Verizons customer service during this most recent outage. Of course as i reported - the winds blows and we lose our home phones - its been that way for the past 10 years .

0 Likes
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

24 hours later. Still no landline (FIOS Digital Voice) in Stafford, VA.  More importantly, still no information coming out of Verizon.  Perhaps they should change their logo to an Ostrich with it's head stuck in a hole in the ground.

0 Likes
Robcom99
Enthusiast - Level 2
Starting day 2 with no TV, Internet and phone in Damascus, MD. Maybe I don't need Fios after all.