Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
Marg99

My phone has also been out since yesterday, although the TV and Internet are working.  I haven't had any luck finding a solution.  If anyone else has, I would appreciate it the info. 

0 Likes
Wanaki

Central Fairfax.

Landline cannot receive. Message is all circuits busy when you call it. Can't call out, except to my wife's in-home office number. All other calls, including long distance, result in busy signal.  Occaisoonal total phone line outage, including FIOS internet. Mostly OK on internet and TV. No mobile in neighborhood (CREDO on Sprint network).  Was able to get signal in Fairfax City.

As usual, no transparency from Verizon.

Would be nice if Verizon monitored these boards and posted respone to posters.

0 Likes
RPVA

I am in Arlington.  No dial tone at phone, TV/Internet are fine.  I plugged a phone into test outlet in the outside FIOS box (ONT).  No dial tone at the box.  I have fixed storm related problems in the past with Internet/TV by powering down and rebooting the ONT but I am hesitant to do it a second time this time because TV and Internet are working.   I can live without the phone, but need the Internet/TV fix.

0 Likes
RPVA

You may already know this but many storm related outages can be fixed  by powering down/rebooting the ONT.   Uplug the power cord inside the house.   Unplug the battery. Wait about a minute, Plug the battery back in. Plug the power cord in.  Check the status of all the lights in the ONT.  You must unplug the battery to do this procedure, otherwise the power is never completely turned off/on and thus the ONT does not do a reboot.

For this storm the reboot got all my ONT lights to show normal with Internet and TV working, but there still is no dial tone at the test phone jack in the ONT.

0 Likes
xyrcncp1

I've been experiencing the same phone issues.  I rebooted my ONT following all instructions and still no dial tone.  TV and Internet have been fine since we got power back last night (6/30 11pm).

0 Likes
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our landline just came back on line 22554

0 Likes
RPVA

Status report.  Dial tone is back. Can receive incoming calls.  Outgoing call gets recording "We are sorry, your call cannot be completed at this time."

0 Likes
sdf2000

In Manassas, just happened to pick up the landline around 2:55 and had a dial tone.  Made one outgoing call fine -- going to see if I can receive calls.

0 Likes
Centreville

In Centreville -- As of 3:50 pm, my landline is still not working. TV was out on Sat but came back. A "supervisor" on an online chat with Verizon said they were aware of and working on the problem in my area and they estimate phone service will be restored by 4 pm on Monday.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

One PC was hit hard, but FiOS up and strong in Montgomery County, MD. Have Power. Have FiOS. always have since 2005.

Sorry for all that are having issues. My ATT cell phones are having trouble. Power loss and cell tower damage issues, I am sure. Generators only run so long until the fuel runs out, unless they are on natural gas. It's a toss up.

0 Likes