Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
anhvu00

At 3 pm EST, Verizon says on WTOP that they have restored "99%" of the service. What a big LIE! I am in Fairfax, 4 miles away from the Hospital and still dont have {word filter avoidance} Unbelievable lie!

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Or you could be in that 1%.

0 Likes
Re: Outage in Northern VA (Vienna)
Kam59
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are in Vienna VA and have not had Internet+Cable+Phone since Friday. I just got off the phone with the tech support (from my work). He said that the ticket has been extended till Thursday July 5th. No service till then. What a great company, gets our money and charges us so much for such a crappy service!!!

I am changing service in the next two weeks and move to another provider (Cable Company).  After this one, they will not have my business any longer.

There has been no response from any one. I feel so bad for the people that answer the phones, as they get the brunt of our anger. They have nothing to do with this. It is the greedy senior executives that have everything with this. It should be them who should answer the phones.

They keep saying they crews are out there working hard! Has anyone seen a Verizon truck in their neighborhood? We have not seen one.

Also, no media coverage of this either. Nothing in the news, what is going on?

Re: Outage in Northern VA (Vienna)
jss9669
Contributor - Level 1

I must be in that "1%" as well.  Still absolutely nothing in La Plata, MD.  According to SMECO's website, power has been restored to all but 11 people in Charles County, and all but 20 people in SMECO's entire area.  Yet still no service from Verizon.

0 Likes
Scoopmeup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last month a server in my area (southeastern PA) went down.  FIOS TV was fine but could only get verizon's web site and the weather channel on the internet.  There was never any announcement on their website or the FIOS TV system.  I called and was on hold for 45 minutes before someone finally came on and said that the server was down.

I don't get why Verizon keeps everyone in the dark (no pun intended) about the outages.

0 Likes
fjg
Sterling VA - update - we got internet back Monday evening. Up and down it went a few times and then stayed up. This is a big plus since I work from home. Had to work elsewhere on Monday. I did finally get an utomated call Monday afternoon telling me there were issues and that I would get another call when restored but so far no other call. 3 full days for me. Could not even use work dial up number since the phones would not do toll numbers until Monday evening. Very happy that it is back up!
0 Likes
Sc0tt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have FIOS Internet/TV/Voice in Fairfax Co. VA.  When the power when off on Friday night, the first thing I did was pick up the phone to report the power outage.  The phone worked then, but by Saturday morning I had no dial tone. 

On Saturday morning, I got my generator running and plugged in the FIOS battery backup and the Actiontec router.  I was able to access the internet (I didn't try the TV), but even though my battery back up was on generator power, I still had no dial tone.

This condition persisted through Saturday (6/30) and through most of Sunday (7/1), in fact, it didn't change after the power was restored on Sunday. 

Even after the dial tone returned on Sunday afternoon, I was unable to make calls (I received a "lines busy" signal) and some incoming calls weren't received (the callers switched to my cell phone).

Verizon needs to do an analysis of what backups are needed for FIOS digital voice service.  I would suggest that something need to be upgraded or changed, because it was apparent that a backup power supply on my end (the generator) was of no use to keep my landline phone service going.

Also, Verizon should use the existing customer email addresses on record to send out updates or notices regarding interruptions of service.  Of course, since Verizon wasn't providing much information to the media or to local government officials regarding the 911 outage, I guess I shouldn't expect too much as a customer.

No services at all x6 days
MsgMac
Enthusiast - Level 1
All my services, phone, Internet, and cable have been dead since last Friday evening. Verizon phone calls have resulted in automated answers which transfer to hold for live person, and then hang up after several minutes. Thank God I have an I-pad and Barnes and noble has free Internet. I am 2 hours from filing a complain with the Maryland Public Utilities Commission.
nurseroxxy
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm in baltimore and have been without any services since the storm last friday...i can talk to a person at verizon, but its always "your service should be back up by 11:13 pm or 3:13pm" every day i call its the same bull crap. I have seen verizon trucks out here but who knows what for and one guy was here when we didn't have power yet and it was 1 am...hmmm what was he doin? definitely not fixing the fios in the PITCH BLACK OF NIGHT!!!. i AM NOT going to sit at home all day every day since i'm on maternity with no tv or internet i will just switch to comcast if this goes on much longer....i'm sure they can get here quicker than verizon will fix this mess!!!

nurseroxxy
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is CRAZY!!! my neighbor in the townhouse next door to me has all her fios services and they never went out!!! so when i call verizon for the 10th time this past week THEY WON'T SEND SOMEONE TO LOOK AT MY BOX because my problem has been reported as part of the service outage...so i must wait until they fix the outage and see if my service comes back up...well i wont wait another week and will cancel all fios service and take my money elsewhere!!! UTTER RIDICULOUS!!!