Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
sloo50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in chesapeake Virginia and we have been without TV JUne 30th.  9 days folks!  Verizon customer service has been non existant.  No one can tell me anything.  I was on terminal hold for 45 minutes

0 Likes
sloo50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spent 53 minutes on hold with Verizon's Customer Service.....   The gentleman on the line had NO answer for me regarding my Fios outage. He could not confirm if it was storm related or not. 

He suggested we reboot the set top boxes and "see what happens" 

My fix...

I have Cox coming out tomorrow am

0 Likes
jss9669
Contributor - Level 1

I finally got my service back on Saturday afternoon.  After talking to a neighbor, I found out his FiOS was working fine, so I called again and had a tech come out to the house.  As it turned out, a power surge zapped the ONT.  10 minutes after the tech arrived, he had replaced the ONT and I was back in business.  Unlike a lot of posts I've seen on here, I had a great experience with customer service.  After about 15 minutes on hold Friday evening, the rep was very helpful.  She ran several line tests and told me they were unable to reach my house, so she scheduled the tech to come out on Sunday, but the tech called on Saturday to say he was in the area and would drop by early.  She also told me I would not be charged for the duration of the outage.

0 Likes