Outage in Northern VA ?
tgolds
Enthusiast - Level 2

The storm last night must have done some damage. I am not getting many programs on FIOS as well as the phone line is down. My cell phone does not have any bars as well. Good thing the FIOS internet is working. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

0 Likes
Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
ac4lt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our internet is fine but, like you, no television. We have no VID light on the OTU. Been on hold for 20 minutes so far. I've been looking for something on the website with a list of outages but haven't been able to find anything.

0 Likes
tgolds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck, hopefully we can get service back. I actually work for another group at Verizon and being dispatched out to 5 sites with power issues. ugh

0 Likes
ac4lt
Enthusiast - Level 2

The web tools are horrible. It says we have a "VOD Outage" in our area but it's far more extensive than VOD. They really need to provide a nice simple web page with a list of outages. It would lower their support load and their customer frustration level tremendously.

Now on hold for 31 minutes...

CraigPeter1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is 7:45 in the Woodbridge area and I have the same sympotums as described above.  I can find no information anywhere on the internet ... not even the Verizon site.  For a company that advertizes its communications attributes, they would have to improve to get to a rating of "poor" right now!  How hard is it to post something somewhere?  I cannot even find anything on the local TV station's web site.  VERY VERY POOR (but typical Verizon) CUSTOMER SERVICE>

0 Likes
UserID1

It's 8:00 am and I have no Verizon land phone or TV.  Also, my AT&T mobile phone is out.  No communication except through internet

0 Likes
lagunslinger

8:00 a.m. and my Fios tv is out ! Internet is working so does anyone have an idea whats going on cause Verizon sure doesn't ?

0 Likes
BrynG

No cell phone coverage.  No FiOS TV.  Home phone doesn't work.  Only the internet works.  As such, there is no way to even contact Verizon to get an idea of when they will fix things.

0 Likes
bugsplat9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Westridge over by the Springwoods Elementary school.  I have no cell service, or do I have any add-on FIOS TV set top boxes.  Funny I do have the main FIOS set top working and I do have internet.   Something is hosed that allows other boxes to be added.  Also, been on hold now for 30 minutes... Hope this helps...

0 Likes
MikeK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Springfield -- Verizon land line phones out at my house.  Can't make calls on Verizon cell.  Internet and TV okay.  Funny that I can check my voicemail on the cell phone but can't get through to any other number.

0 Likes