Own router with G1100, new dvr, Error 1301 - Router not detected
ds00424

I previously had a fios setup with my own router first, ethernet from ONT and the Actiontec acting as a moca bridge only.  Internet and DVR worked fine.

Moved to new DVR and G1100 router.  Same config -- G1100 behind my router in bridge mode doing only moca bridging.  However, the new DVR, upon first boot, spits out Error 1301 saying the router was not detected then reboots in 30 seconds and we do it all over again.

A few things to note:

- A laptop connected to G1100 LAN port has full internet connectivity - so no issue there.

- The DVR is getting an IP address from my router.

- My router is NOT mac address cloning the G1100 (I don't think it was cloning the Actiontec either.)

I am thinking that the DVR is sending a message to a VZ server that then tries to 'detect' the G1100 router at my house.  Of course it does not find it and replies to the DVR with the bad news.

How can I get around this???

Anyone know how VZ "Detects" the G1100?  I have read that it is not at an IP level, but possibly at a mac level.

I could temprarily put the G1100 first to get by this issue and then put my router back.  But wouldn't this issue again happen after a power failure?  Or is this a one time check and then nevermore?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

David

0 Likes
Re: Own router with G1100, new dvr, Error 1301 - Router not detected
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are certainly differences in activation of a new stb vs just coming up after power up.

So I would install G1100 for activation.

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would also recommend getting an actiontec moca Adapter and getting rid of the G1100 all together. That setup always gave me issues too. My understanding is you do need it to activate your STB’s though. Not sure if that’s what your trying to do or not or even if that is always true. If it is than probably just a port that needs to be forwarded on your router. Hope it helps and let me know if you get it working. 

0 Likes
maxp888

Has anyone responded here? I'm in the exact same boat except I don't have a G1100 to hook up for initial activation.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

STBs require Internet access via coax.

How are you getting them access without G1100?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes