P265 Remote Code for Denon AVR-1312 A/V Receiver
TXBrew

Hello All,

Does anybody know the code to program a Denon AVR-1312 A/V Receiver on a Verizon Fios P265 remote control?  I'd like to use the VZ remote to turn my receive on/off and vol +/- (A/V switching would be nice too).

Thanks in advance for any help,

TXBrew

0 Likes
Re: P265 Remote Code for Denon AVR-1312 A/V Receiver
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Please check out our remote programming site at https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=WebRemoteSetup . It will give you a step by step how to program it

0 Likes
Brendan7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  That link gives nice clear instructions on how to program the FiOS remote control to operate my television.

But, just like the original poster, I too have a Denon AVR receiver/amplifer (AVR-3312).   I would like the volume up/down buttons on my FiOS remote to be able to adjust the sound on my 5.1ch Amp.    Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@TXBrew wrote:

Hello All,

Does anybody know the code to program a Denon AVR-1312 A/V Receiver on a Verizon Fios P265 remote control?  I'd like to use the VZ remote to turn my receive on/off and vol +/- (A/V switching would be nice too).

Thanks in advance for any help,

TXBrew

You can't. The P265 is a two device remote control, STB and TV. Period.

Verizon used to supply remote controls that would control up to two additional devices, but apparently that confused too many customers who called tech support for help so they stopped providing any of those remotes and instead now supply only the P265 (probably a little cheaper hardware cost to Verizon also). You may be able to go into a Verizon store locally and get them to give you one of the older remotes (some people have definitely been able to do that), you can try ordering one of the old remotes via the Verizon website (they might still have them), you can go to eBay and probably find lots of them on there (I saw a post somewhere from someone who bought a "4-pack" of the older remotes for $20 I think) , or you can buy a programmable remote that will work with almost anything.

But don't waste your time trying to do it with the P265, it won't work.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Gross oversight. Thank you Justin for pointing out his particular remote is the 2 device version. We have a 4 device remote that can be ordered for $11.99 from https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts . The same site I posted previously will show you how to program the 4 device remote to control sound for the surround sound system.

0 Likes
AngryBlackMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just adding my 2 cents worth of displeasure to this topic:

I recently signed up online. The signup process is fairly intuitive, but at NO POINT does the process explain to you that if you have more than two devices, you should consider getting the 4 device remote. What it SHOULD do is offer a 4 device remote FREE (or at a seriously reduced cost of maybe 2 dollars) as opposed to forcing you to end up with a remote you don't need and an EXTRA 15 dollar bill to get a remote that works in your audio receiver setup.

Forcing me to pay the whole 15 dollars just to get a decent remote instead of crediting me at least 12 dollars on an existing remote that i will NEVER NEED goes to show how greedy verizon is.yeah, yeah, "the customer is always first", except when it comes to nickle-and-dime tactics.

btw, i called a verizon store just to confirm this. excitedly, the rep indicated to me that there is "no need to return the original remote, but the 4 device remote is 15 dollars". no need to return, indeed. what that truly means is "LOLOAHAHAHAHAHLALALAOLOLOLOL more more more money for verizon!!! HAHAHHAHAHHAA"

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

I've had the four-button remote for over five years, and had purchased a spare that I recently had to use when the old one gave up the ghost.  Not wanting to be without a spare, I went to purchase another from Verizon but thought about all the feedback on the web about a Harmony remote.  So I treated myself to that and am very impressed -- and I was always highly skeptical about what people were saying about Harmony!.

I hope it's okay that I mentioned Harmony on this forum...

0 Likes
itstk2601

The link mentioned in the response by Verizon customer care is no more available for 11.99.  It has become 18dollars.  Not sure why the remote is not shipped along with new connection which I just ordered.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over four years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes