P265 control my Samsung reciever
Dubeewolf
I've read other posts that state the p265 will not control an audio reciever but that's not true. Up until a day ago it controlled my sharp TV and the volume controlled my Samsung reciever. Thanks to a house guest just pressing random buttons it no longer does this. Can someone help me get it back to this functionality. If I have to buy a 14 dollar remote to regain the functionality I had a day ago I'm going to lose my mind! Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Re: P265 control my Samsung reciever
PJL
Master - Level 3

If you has the two-button remote controlling your receiver volume then you did something I was never able to do after spending extensive time and effort.  What code did you intially enter into the TV configuration on the remote to control something other than a TV in the first place?

0 Likes
Dubeewolf
That's the thing, I didn't initially set it up. The Person who did the installation did. And I specifically told him I did not want to have to use two remotes to manipulate my TV and he said no problem. And I never thought to question him how he did it because I had ways done it myself with every other service provider.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Dubeewolf wrote:
That's the thing, I didn't initially set it up. The Person who did the installation did. And I specifically told him I did not want to have to use two remotes to manipulate my TV and he said no problem. And I never thought to question him how he did it because I had ways done it myself with every other service provider.

Well as I said I tried this myself and never got it to work. 

0 Likes