Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

P265 control my Samsung reciever

Dubeewolf
Contributor
Contributor

P265 control my Samsung reciever

Message 1 of 4
(479 Views)
I've read other posts that state the p265 will not control an audio reciever but that's not true. Up until a day ago it controlled my sharp TV and the volume controlled my Samsung reciever. Thanks to a house guest just pressing random buttons it no longer does this. Can someone help me get it back to this functionality. If I have to buy a 14 dollar remote to regain the functionality I had a day ago I'm going to lose my mind! Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: P265 control my Samsung reciever

Message 2 of 4
(442 Views)

If you has the two-button remote controlling your receiver volume then you did something I was never able to do after spending extensive time and effort.  What code did you intially enter into the TV configuration on the remote to control something other than a TV in the first place?

Dubeewolf
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(433 Views)
That's the thing, I didn't initially set it up. The Person who did the installation did. And I specifically told him I did not want to have to use two remotes to manipulate my TV and he said no problem. And I never thought to question him how he did it because I had ways done it myself with every other service provider.
PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 4 of 4
(428 Views)

@Dubeewolf wrote:
That's the thing, I didn't initially set it up. The Person who did the installation did. And I specifically told him I did not want to have to use two remotes to manipulate my TV and he said no problem. And I never thought to question him how he did it because I had ways done it myself with every other service provider.

Well as I said I tried this myself and never got it to work. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.