P265 remote with Samsung UN40JU640DF - 40" 4K TV
MarylandFiOSFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The P265 remote only shows 1 code for Samsung - 331. All FiOS functions work (guide, set up, search, etc). However, the only TV function that works is on and - no volume control. At the present time when I press volume up or down on the P265 I see an icon in the upper right of the screen indicting volume is fixed (remote audio setting shows control audio with TV - fixed).

I have changed the audio setting to STB - variable but when the volume up / down on the P265 the icon in the upper right of the screen changes on a sliding scale but the actual volume does not change.

I've tried using the OK and * button and then select volume up to reset a contraol that doesn't work. During this selection I can see an icon on the screen that shows the volume increasing. When that happens I release the OK and * buttons and watch the remote blink twice. However, the volume up / down buttons still do not function.

I've alternately turned the TV off and left it on after multiple attempts to correct the volume control. I've also selected the 331 code several times and started over. I've tried this TV / * combo dozens of times over the past couple of weeks but no setting successfully makes the volume control the TV.

I have a Phillips RC1445302/00B remote that's used on another TV that I have programmed to work on the new Samsung. This remote has multiple four digit codes for Samsung.

Is there any other Samsung codes that may work for the P265?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: P265 remote with Samsung UN40JU640DF - 40" 4K TV
MarylandFiOSFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The available Vz instructions for Samsung only show one code - 331, I've searched for others but haven't found any yet. Interesting, during the programming mode the volume up / down and mute buttons work. However, after I accept the code the volume buttons do not work.

I've tried the Key Fix numerous times over the past couple of weeks. I can see the volume adjustment work so I press the channel up button till the TV turns off. When the TV comes on volume button does not work.

Last night I reset the remote to default settings (9-0-0), turned the TV off, unplugged the TV and then took the batteries out of the remote. This morning I put batteries back into the remote, plugged the TV in and attempted to program the remote. Same result, volume up / down and mute work during programming but fail when TV is turned back and press OK to accept the code.

I reset the remote (9-0-0) and tried to program it again. This time the volume up / down and mute are working.

Ughhh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have 3 Samsung TVs of varying ages and they all work with the 265.

Try this from the remote manual:

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/p265v3remoteuserguide.pdf

Try Control Volume from STB option that says how to undo it.

Or do Key Fix procedure.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This remote actually has multiple subcodes that it does understand.  Hopeufully Samsung hasn't changed this TV to be so different that the remote doesn't include it.

see stop 6 and also the key fix feature

6. Test that remote control is

programmed for your TV

a. Turn the TV on using the

key.

b. Press <VOL +> and

<VOL -> to make sure that

the volume keys work.

c. Press and keys.

d. If any of these keys do not

work as expected, press

and hold that key. Release

it as soon as it works.

Key Fix

If your remote control is

programmed for your TV, but

the <VOL>, <Mute>, or the

<A/V> keys do not work

correctly, then you can try

using the Key Fix feature to fix

the buttons.

1. Press and hold the <OK>

and buttons

simultaneously.

• The Red LED will blink twice

and then stay on.

2. Press and hold the key that

does not work correctly.The

remote control will try a new

code every second.

3. Once the TV responds

correctly, release the button.

4. Press <OK> to save the

current settings and finish

programming your remote

control

0 Likes
MarylandFiOSFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The available Vz instructions for Samsung only show one code - 331, I've searched for others but haven't found any yet. Interesting, during the programming mode the volume up / down and mute buttons work. However, after I accept the code the volume buttons do not work.

I've tried the Key Fix numerous times over the past couple of weeks. I can see the volume adjustment work so I press the channel up button till the TV turns off. When the TV comes on volume button does not work.

Last night I reset the remote to default settings (9-0-0), turned the TV off, unplugged the TV and then took the batteries out of the remote. This morning I put batteries back into the remote, plugged the TV in and attempted to program the remote. Same result, volume up / down and mute work during programming but fail when TV is turned back and press OK to accept the code.

I reset the remote (9-0-0) and tried to program it again. This time the volume up / down and mute are working.

Ughhh

0 Likes