Re: P265v1.1 Remote does not control volume on CHS 335HDC Set Top Box
tomryn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ahhhh!  My bad!  I see it in the documentation now- it says 9-5-5.  I was looking at the reset for the remote with 9-0-0.  Now I see what you are saying, the remote comes default set to 9-0-0 and if you want to control the STB volume, it is 9-5-5.

Gotcha!

Doh!  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Pointed out the issue to Verizon, and they told me the quote in my last post. Smiley Embarassed

I guess I should read the contents of the links I post. I was a bit embarrassed by that one. Oh well no one is perfect.

0 Likes
sferrell615
Enthusiast - Level 2

tomryn, thanks for posting this question and for being persistent about receiving the answer.  this is important - not only for old TVs - but also for new TVs that do not have a variable volume in their audio outputs (e.g. the 3.5mm and optical outputs on the samsung LED TVs).  

I looked through the manual that comes with the STB and I did not see 955 listed anywhere (which it should be listed in bold), only 900... and what does 900 volume control?!  i am guessing nothing.  therefore, it would make A LOT of sense if it was set to 955 volume by default.  c'mon verizon... and while you're at it, please prevent the "unavailable / unavailable caller ID" callers from calling me twice a day.  

prisaz and others... thanks for helping to solve this.  this was the only forum that i could find to resolve this issue, which has to be very common.

0 Likes