PA / NY MISSING CHANNELS / NOT SUBSCRIBED
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.

Please try the below solution if you are still having trouble.

Press Menu >> Customer Support >> In Home Agent >> STB/DVR Auto Correct

Select "all" Set Top Boxes by pressing 1 or select the Set Top Box that is having the issue.

Press the right arrow button for NEXT and the right arrow button again to start the process.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: PA / NY MISSING CHANNELS / NOT SUBSCRIBED
beyond2k1
Enthusiast - Level 1

That sounds all good but mine just hangs on "Loading". Time Warner here I come.

0 Likes
jmbird

Mine finally loads, but then says Service Unavilable!

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perisistence is key here folks ... it takes up t about 10 minutes after the loading screen starts display before the process completes and even then it doesn't always work the first time.   Try again ... and again ... if necessary.   It took one of my boxes four or five times before it succeeded).

You can also use the online support portal -- under Support and the TV and then select Quick Fix for STB.   It'll present the same information on your STB's and let you select which one to fix.   Sometimes this works with the on-box menu fails.

0 Likes
bd177q
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the procedure for a cablecard in a Tivo? The fixes mentioned return a screen that says " no sufficient information, try again later".

0 Likes
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello bd177q,
Yes you can not use the In Home Agent tool in the set top box menu with cable cards. There is a In Home Agent tool you can run on a computer however at http://www.verizon.com/inhomeagent. If you are unable to use the program I have sent you a private message to reset them remotely.

Thank you,

0 Likes
twentzel3

I tried the troubleshooting with using the in home agent and when it was loading all is said is "data not available at this time." I have not been able get channels since Friday 3/23.  I also have not been able to speak to someone from Verizon. Sitting on hold for over an hour...

0 Likes
LeeJr1

THis is in response to the Patriot News Penn Live Dot COm article which states:

Verizon restores FiOS service in Harrisburg area

Published: Monday, March 26, 2012, 3:41 PM     Updated: Monday, March 26, 2012, 4:11 PM

By MONICA VON DOBENECK, The Patriot-News

What a total Lie. As of right now....9:15 pm...mine still doesnt work. I tried the fix here in the article and got the same error message as a previous poster. Their service absoulutely stinks. I have nine tv's and pay over $200 per month for their bundle.

Only a few months ago we were without TV21 and the NFL playoff games due to the **bleep** problem they had with a "contract" with the station owners. At that time I called Verizon..then CBS21 and they both blamed it on each other. I mentioned this to the service rep I talked to this afternoon and they had no "record" of that incident even though I talked to them multiple times that weekend.

How can they claim that service is restored if so many people are still without it. They originally told me the problem would be solved within 24 hrs....that was friday night. The latest I could get was tomorrow morning....yeah I bet. If I didn't pay my bill I would be without service so why isn't there any compensation. I guess they can do what they want.

Well guess what....I'm going shopping for TV/Internet/Phone/Wireless service with someone that truely has service.

BTW...My combined TV/Internet/Phone/ Wireless phone bill per month is well over $500. After being on the phone for 3 or more hrs the last few days I found out that apparently is not a customer work keeping happy.

0 Likes
Ink2

I also have a Tivo with cable cards and the Home Agent tool is useless.    I contacted Verizon live chat for help with resetting the cards, and I was informed that the outage has not been resolved.  

So what is it Verizon.  Is the there still a problem? Do I have to do something on my end to fix it? 

0 Likes
jerrywright

Been there - done that!! Tried this way a couple of times. Called tech service. Stayed on hold for a very long time everyday for the past 3 days. Finally got to speak to someone at tech services (Colin) today. Colin was pleasant and apologetic. He re-set the set top boxes and said it may take an hour before the signal can transmit through the system. It has been approximately 5 hours and nothing has changed. Still missing majority of channels. What does verizon suggest now?

0 Likes