Panasonic DVD Player into a Fios Box, with a **bleep** TV
mojo437

Here's my problem. I own a ESA ET427E 27" TV that doesn't have a remote, so I cannot use the input function. I bought a Panasonic DVD-RV32 DVD player. I have a Verizon FIOS box running a coaxial into my TV. I am using standard AV audio cables and a composite video cable manufactured by Dynex. There is no coaxial jack on the DVD player so I cannot simply switch between the coax's on the Fios and DVD when I want to watch the other. I am trying to run the DVD player out into the FIOS box using the Dynex cables. However, since I do not have the remote, or can find any feasible way to sync the FIOS remote to the TV in the last 30 minutes of getting to this point, I feel stuck. I plug in the DVD player in the appropriate jacks, it powers on and is responding the DVD remote and is playing the disc. I just do not know how to switch from the FIOS box to my DVD player. Do I need to sync the FIOS remote to the TV, or is there some trick within the FIOS Os that I am not aware of? Am I going to have to either find an adequate remote or replace the TV?

Good news would be goods news, and cookies can be spent to whoever can help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Panasonic DVD Player into a Fios Box, with a **bleep** TV
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try a manual search for your tv code,   and then try the input button after that.

Searching for a Device Code

1. Turn on the device you want to program into your remote, for example if you are programming your remote to control your TV, then turn on the TV.
  2. Press and hold the device button for the device you turned on in step 1 (DVD, AUX, TV, STB) and press OK. Release both buttons.

The mode buttons blink twice.
  3. Press 922.
  4. Point the remote control toward the device you are setting up and press the upper part of the Play button.
  5. Press the Fast Forward button. If the device you are setting up does not turn off, keep pressing the Fast Forward button until the device powers off. (You can use the Rewind button to go back, if necessary.)
  6. When the device powers off then you've found the correct code for that device. Press OK to assign the code in your remote control.

Note:
    There are over 200 possible combinations for TV and DVD codes. The most common codes are tried first but you may still need to press the Fast Forward or Rewind buttons over 200 times to find the correct code for your device.

If you reach the end of the list of codes, the entire remote flashes twice and returns to normal operation. You can exit programming at any time by pressing the Exit button.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/Troubleshooting/QuestionsOne/84908.h...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try a manual search for your tv code,   and then try the input button after that.

Searching for a Device Code

1. Turn on the device you want to program into your remote, for example if you are programming your remote to control your TV, then turn on the TV.
  2. Press and hold the device button for the device you turned on in step 1 (DVD, AUX, TV, STB) and press OK. Release both buttons.

The mode buttons blink twice.
  3. Press 922.
  4. Point the remote control toward the device you are setting up and press the upper part of the Play button.
  5. Press the Fast Forward button. If the device you are setting up does not turn off, keep pressing the Fast Forward button until the device powers off. (You can use the Rewind button to go back, if necessary.)
  6. When the device powers off then you've found the correct code for that device. Press OK to assign the code in your remote control.

Note:
    There are over 200 possible combinations for TV and DVD codes. The most common codes are tried first but you may still need to press the Fast Forward or Rewind buttons over 200 times to find the correct code for your device.

If you reach the end of the list of codes, the entire remote flashes twice and returns to normal operation. You can exit programming at any time by pressing the Exit button.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/Troubleshooting/QuestionsOne/84908.h...

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the answer you are looking for is that the input ports on the FIOS STBs are not functional. If the DVD player has composite output, you can buy a modulator to turn composite video and audio in to a coax signal that you can play one a tv channel. If you wire through a splitter (fios on 1 dvd player on the other and tv on common) and set modulator and STB to different channels (3&4) then you can use TV tuner to swap between them.

0 Likes