Panasonic Viera Clear QAM tuner problems
JeBr0nie

I have an older Panasonic Viera 50 in plasma TV -- TH-50PZ85U

I used to have comcast limited basic and used my two TV's digital qam tuners to pick up the 6 local channels in HD.

I have two different sets of friends who live nearby who have had success using their newer HDTV's to pick up the local channels in HD.  I made sure about this before switching over to verizon.

The panasonic did pick up the WeatherScan channel and the WeatherChannel and some spanish channel.

It did not pick up the locals in HD.

I went to http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/ to see what the channel #'s should be for verizon for my zip code.  All 6 local HD channels have XX-YYYY channels.

My panasonic TV doesn't even allow me to type in 4 digits after the "-".  So, I can only pick up XX-YYY channels (or XX-YY or XX-Y) and that's all my tuner finds when I do a channel scan.

A year ago (back when I had comcast), there was a week or two when the channel #'s changed before going back to what they usually are.  During this week, my newer HDTV (a Sony Bravia LED) still picked up the local HD channels even with their new numbers, but my panasonic only was able to get 4 out of 6.

This makes me wonder if not all QAM tuners are alike.  Is it possible that my panasonic's tuner is older and can't pick up the XX-YYYY frequencies?

I also have a hauppauge qam tuner / recorder (USB) in the same room as the panasonic tv, and it picks up all 6 local HD channels no problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.  thanks

0 Likes
Re: Panasonic Viera Clear QAM tuner problems
PJL
Master - Level 3

I'm presuming you performed a QAM channel rescan on the TV?

0 Likes
Re: Panasonic Viera Clear QAM tuner problems
JeBr0nie

yes, I did.

0 Likes