Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Password Protect for STB's for recorded shows and movies to control from the MAIN DVR to delete

SOLVED
Jerry_Kurtz
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Password Protect for STB's for recorded shows and movies to control from the MAIN DVR to delete

Message 1 of 3
(1,508 Views)

It would be awsome to be able to set a password or pin for recorded shows and movies recorded to the main dvr so that the shows and movies cant be deleted from the set top boxes in the bedrooms. I'm saying keep everything the same but add a feature in the menu/parental controls. We are having an issue when i have a show or movie set to record, it records then when i get home it's gone. I think everyone would enjoy this new feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Password Protect for STB's for recorded shows and movies to control from the MAIN DVR to delete

Message 2 of 3
(1,492 Views)

You can "undelete" a deleted show as long as it was manually deleted.

If it was deleted for space reasons, then you are out of luck.

I think it will tell you which box the command to delete was issued from so you can "educate" the offender.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Password Protect for STB's for recorded shows and movies to control from the MAIN DVR to delete

Message 2 of 3
(1,493 Views)

I think it will tell you which box the command to delete was issued from so you can "educate" the offender.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

Jerry_Kurtz
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(1,488 Views)

@CRobGauth wrote:

Thank you.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title