Pause and stutter on TV when I stream to the fios app
Dmass1

When I start a stream on the Fios TV app (on Android) my live TV freezes and stutters while provisioning the stream to my tablet. This is a with a Fios One set top box. It should be able to handle both streams at the same time. To be specific the Fios One DVR is recording a game, I am watching another channel and I then decide to stream the game to my tablet

0 Likes
Re: Pause and stutter on TV when I stream to the fios app
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which version of Fios internet do you have? You might be running out of bandwidth if you have one of the slower plans. Run a Fios speed test, or a Speakeasy speed test to see what you actually have.

0 Likes
Dmass1

I have 75/75 and it measures a little higher. I believe that the bandwidth is fine. The dvr seems to pause live TV and stutter for a bit while it is setting up the stream to the tablet. If this is just me then I have a bad box. If others see this verizon has a software issue!

0 Likes
Dmass1

The formula seems to be record an event (sports) watch something (news) stream the game - in this case last 10 minutes, and the live news feed will stutter a few times while provisioning the stream to the tablet. This should not happen, The box should have enough capacity to manage this operation... No other minis playing at the time, the news is playing on the DVR

0 Likes
MoonDragn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue. Using gigabit fios so not bandwidth.  On 5G wifi so no problem there either. The app is just has a problem buffering videos I think.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes